Ratings for Dr. E.A. O'Toole

Well, this doctor shrink told me in 1995 or so, that he would NEVER prescribe narcotics to anybody for any reason whatsoever, and that I was a border line anti-social with sociopathic tendencies, and that he was going to advise my doctor to discontinue my narcotic pain regimen after 10 years of taking them. Is that right? He bad mouthed me in the report he sent to my doctor…it was so bad, my doctor allowed me to read it…gave me a copy of it. I know of a woman who was going through a nasty divorce. Dr. O'Toole apparently prescribed her demerol. Demerol…for a nasty divorce? Ulterior motive being? A piece of tail is what. Another friend and his sister showed me a diary of their deceased mother. She had been having sexual identity issues after a failed relationship with a man. Apparently, according to what was written in this woman's diary, Dr. O'Toole seduced her…very unprofessional and deceitful at least…just sayin' My 2¢ worth

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I can't believe "he destroyed our marriage", perhaps it was "you & your spouse" that ruined it. We are our own decision makers. Doc O I saw for many years, he helped me try to keep my marriage together & it was "me" who finally decided I couldn't do it anymore. He supported my decision, didn't make it for me. We are adults & don't have to take Meds if we don't want to. As a matter of fact he got me off one medication that wasn't necessary, it was doing nothing for me. He was the only Doc with a private practice unlike others at the Hospital where they have high wages, benefits, holidays & every perk anyone could imagine. Those of you people who criticize Doc O, think of all the Holidays he worked where you had an Appt. were the Dr's at the Hospital working, not likely, oh yes there would be one on call. The girls were awesome & many times made room for me in a time of crisis. I miss the girl's & Doc O terribly. Just call the Hospital & find out how long the waiting list is. I just called a Psychologist I used to see & I have to wait 3 weeks to see her, I need help now, today. If Doc O was working I'd be in there right now. Doc O in no way ever flirted with me nor did nor said anything inappropriate. You are all adults, if you weren't happy with "he hit on my wife", "he's a pill popper" well I guess that was up to you to stop seeing him. He is a highly educated, well read man who is up on any latest treatments & information available. While I miss him I am happy he's retired & he deserves a Holiday after 40 some years in a private practice.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

he is old dddddddddddddddddddddddddbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

This man said a lot of horrible things about…none of the information he provided to my family physician was accurate. I truly believe that he tried to flirt with my own wife, while alienating her against me. After some very serious thought regarding my wife, and other horror stories I've heard about him, I know for a fact that this man has a deviant sexual agenda going on in his mind.

Submitted October 15, 2015

Over perscribes medications. Prescribes outside of his field specifically in pain management. His willingness to prescribe multiple narcotics is frightening and in the end dangerous. When I brought the list of prescriptions to specialists who work on a mental health team the response was "This drug combination demonstrates gross negligence". If you are prescribed medication by him you should run it by your general practitioner before taking them.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Thirteen years. Dr. O'Toole has been there for me and has helped me tremendously to get to my healthy mental state. Through the years...I felt better just knowing he was there and that his staff was always ready to work me in to see the Dr at a moment's notice. I miss him already. Sniff.

Submitted August 26, 2015

Best doctor in 20 years, knowledgeable, straight-forward, informative, good sense of humour. Some may criticize his "bedside manner," however, I appreciate his no-nonsense approach, there is no mistaking his words. The staff are personable and remember you, unlike some modern offices where you are treated like an item on an invoice. Dr. O'Toole has helped immensely in prescribing meds and explaining my illness and the medication I take for the treatment of anxiety, depression and ADHD. Yes, his office is like a museum but I'm not there for the decor. He will be greatly missed when he retires this year (2015) and I am greatly concerned about continued treatment with a new psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Doctor Tool is responsible for thendestruction of my marriage. What doctor would tell a wife with mental issues to leave her husband and sleep at someone else home. He completely destroyed everything we had built in one session. And dont even get me started on the the pills this guy puts out there. Hes a real drug store cowboy. If your the spouse of somebody seeing thiss man please be careful. He can often do more harm than good. Oh and dont even think about trying to go to see him in the hopes of helping your spouse apparently that is not an option.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. O'Toole for many years. He has helped me tremendously in understanding my anxiety disorder. He is intelligent and up to par on all relevant literature.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Should have had his license pulled years ago. Sexist, fraudulent, has done serious damage to at least three patient I know, including a current one. Does not keep current with all the research literature.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015