Ratings for Dr. Sara Forsyth

I was not allowed to book an appointment for after my ultrasound and MRI. My request was denied, I was made to see her before she had any information from imaging. I was examined by a Resident, Dr Forsyth didn't enter the room nail after my exam. She didn't even acknowledge my presence, but addressed the Resident. When I asked her what she felt the problem with my shoulder was, she looked down her nose at me and said, "It's complex". I advised her that I am a Registered Nurse and to give me a try. So condescending. When I tried to book a follow up appointment after my imaging was complete, I was told they weren't booking that far in advance. One month? That's nonsense. People are waiting a year or more to see a specialist. I was told to call back after my MRI, which I did. Again I was refused a follow up appointment. I was told that "she will review the radiologist's report and call you". Now, 3 weeks after the MRI, I receive a phone call from my GP to review the MRI results. Not a word from Dr Forsyth. It is next to impossible to even get ahold of a human being at her office, I had to leave a message, which I doubt will be acknowledged. DO NOT BOTHER TO ATTEND THIS DOCTOR, it's a waste of time and an abuse of the medical system.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I was so impressed with Dr. Forsyth. I saw her for my knee at Fraser Orthopaedic Institute. She was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and caring. She got me on a path so I could quickly get my knee problems dealt with. I would highly recommend her as a doctor. Her receptionist was also lovely. Donna R.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Her assistant rushed me through paperwork saying "try to hurry as the Dr. is waiting" but not even one person was in the waiting room behind me. The doctor comes in and makes a comment about not getting an x-ray done prior after I explained myself. She then starts asking me questions regarding my knee. As I answer with a bit of detail for some background, she rudely asked me to simplify my answers. After that I lay on the table and she checks my knee.. she does it fast, rough, and though she asked me questions about pain, she did a terrible job at listening, and any reply had a connotation of disbelief. After quickly telling me a bunch of knee-related medical jargon, she told me that I need to go to the gym, and to leave and get the x-ray done. My knee tells me not to go to the gym with what it does. I felt as though she didn't believe me, and that I was wasting her time. I came for answers, and all I got were 2 more questions: "If the knee is simple, and chronic mystery pain isn't a thing, then why does my knee hurt and click in and out of place all the time?" and also, "How did you become a doctor?"

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Terrible experience. Booked an appointment due to a soccer injury (knee). I had booked the first appointment of the day and still had to wait for nearly 45 minutes to see Dr. Forsyth. She was rushed and did not do a good job of explaining anything. It seemed that she had diagnosed me prior to even finishing her "examination" and when I asked questions she tried to usher me out the door (I was only in the examination room for about 10 minutes). Quite rude and has awful bedside manner. I can't believe that she used to be a family physician (based on another review)?! Receptionist was also quite rude. Please don't waste your time with her and her staff.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I consider 10 mins into an appointment start time fine and have no problem. I was seen 25 mins after my appointed time. The assistant brought me in so rushed I could hardly keep up which was incredibly difficult considering my refferal was for ankle knee pain. She saw me for 10 mins and reacted when I was surprised she didn't find anything wrong and had commented the opposite of what a physiotherapist and a chiropractor had said. I asked the same questions because I could not believe the assessment and she repeatedly asked me I have any known medical conditions or take medications. It made me feel vulnerable, not helped and sent off. Super dissapointing after waiting 4 months.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

horrible doc. Best to find your own doc and tell you GP to refer you to them.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I actually doubt this is a medical doctor. She was not even able to prescribe me pain killer so she asked me to see my doctor. I was referred to her from the hospital with the acute extremely painful frozen shoulder. They told me that at Fortius they can give me at least cortisone injection with anesthetics. She said t it takes at lest 6 weeks to get it at hospital (not Fortius! IS SHE REALLY A DOCTOR? if she can't even prescribe regular medication? Total waste of my time. Never in my life I have actually seen such a quack!!!!!! Too bad I can't write my whole story ->here limited space.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Saw her as a specialist for a running injury. She was impatient with me as soon as she walked in the door, and rude while I was answering questions. Her physical exam did not involve testing, but instead involved overpowering me, and telling me that I had muscle imbalances. She was rushed, rude, and distracted. At the end of it all, she "diagnosed" me with the exact injury that I had come to see her for (and that had already been diagnosed by my physio and a GP). Total waste of time, and gave me a very negative opinion of the Fortius Clinic.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I went to see Dr. Forsyth for a shoulder injury. She assessed me right away and knew what the problem was. She needed me to go see a physiotherapist and got her assistant to organize an ultra sound and told me to book another appointment with her after I went to my ultrasound. She explained why I was feeling pain due to my injuries and was very thorough in assessing my injury. She is very knowledgeable and I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Forsyth is very intelligent and caring. She has provided excellent care to me for years. She is no longer practising family medicine which is a real loss for all her patients.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009