Ratings for Dr. Michael G. Sophocles

I saw Dr Michael's father Dr George Sophocles for years and I have been a patient of Michael Sophocles soon after he started in the practice. He is meticulous about teeth and shows me via camera where I might encounter problems and he explains why. My hygienist is Kathy and I would never want anyone else. She makes sure all of my dental work is in tact. yes, the office is state-of-the-art, but it is because they stay up to date on the latest in dentistry. Crowns are not sent to a lab; they are done in the office on the same day. That means no need for temporary crows anymore. I'm very happy with this group and find everyone kind and very thorough. 5 stars all the way.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Not too sure why the other reviewers had such a bad time at this place. The receptionist and hygenist were nice and did a good job cleaning and fixing my wife and I's teeth. Sophocles himself is an OK guy too. He seems to specialize in cosmetic dentistry and did suggest a few unnecessary improvements to my teeth, but didn't push the issue. Very clean and state-of-the-art facility. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

I was referred to this dentist by his wife, an endodontist, to do the restoration. Initially i was impressed by his meticulous and state-of-the-art office. But disappointment soon set in. This dentist takes complaints about treatment-related discomforts personally; he's also reluctant to do corrective adjustment to relieve my discomfort. Above all, he tried to encourage me to do dental implants in another part of my mouth where I have had no immediate problem. Reluctantly, I had to quit after a few visits.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I've been going to Michael Sophocles for many years and have always received the best care and treatment. The staff is great and his office and equipment is state-of-the-art and very modern. I would recommend this practice highly to anybody. Mike is especially good at cosmetic dentistry, crowns, implants and veneers.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

Been to many dentists and love this office. The doctor really tries to show us everything that is going on. They use close up cameras to show you any problems and offer several alternatives in treatments. Not the cheapest but worth it for your smile and teeth.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

Awful Dentist and rude staff! Wonder who wrote in the last review? hmm wonder.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

I was given a great recommendation by a colleague of mine to try a new dentist, Dr. Michael Sophocles, in Paoli. The Doctor and his Staff were extremely professional and courteous. I've had many dental issues over the years and Dr. Sophocles helped me overcome my fear of dentistry. I had 4 dental implants and several fillings to be treated and I have nothing but fantastic reviews for this dental practice!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

flag | Submitted September 11, 2007

Dr. Sophocles and his staff seem more interested in flash than substance, as evidenced by one of the fanciest offices on the Main Line, but multiple problems in dental work for me and my family. Examples are a full set of veneers that as I understand it, would not hold long term, multiple fillings that left us in long term pain, and prosthetic work that is neither esthetically or functionally pleasing. I only wish we'd followed our instincts and left the practice before getting in too deep. The staff (including the Dr) treated us in a way that just left us feeling completely violated. When called on their actions and given an opportunity to take responsibility, instead of doing so, they antagonized further. If you're interested in high tech gadgetry and hoopla, you've found the right place. If you want good, honest staff and quality long-term work, I can simply say this didn't meet our expectations.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2007