Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Chao

OK doc and office is conveniently located. Many top neurology docs with all their certifications treat their patients like cattle. He tries to be nice and is knowledgeable enough to get the job done. treat patients like cattle. view patients as cattle. He tries to be personable at least and is knowledgable enough.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Always wait a minium of 45 mintues to an hour to be called. Overbooks appointments!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

I went to him with electric shock feeling in my head, balance problems, neck stiffness, and head inflammation. He ordered a brain MRI. When the results came back he just read the tech write-up without looking at the images. He then said there is nothing wrong and it must be psychological, and prescribed depression medication. Even though I was convinced I was not depressed, I tried the meds and they DID NOT WORK. I had several follow-ups and he said there was nothing he could do, and kept insisting it was making it up in my head. I then went to another neurologist who ran about 10 tests (rather than just one MRI) and found out I had slight muscle damage which was causing my neck muscles to tighten, which affected my optic nerves. After following a treatment plan, all symptoms are gone except an occasional eye pain. His office staff also sent me bills several times for co-payments I had paid. Each time I faxed them the copy of the cleared check, and they canceled the due payment.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

seems a bit confused sometimes but a nice guy

flag | Submitted September 4, 2007

Dr. Kenneth Chao's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1998)