Ratings for Dr. Christopher J. Riegel

I became very ill during the 5th month. Dr. Riegel delivered my 1 pound 6 ounce baby at 25 weeks. Today she is 14, very healthy and a competitive diver.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

This doctor will use your appointment time, to talk about himself, family, all the wrong doing that has been done to him, how much money he has lost, and also to the patients he knows ask if they have any available friends!! He is very unprofessional!!! Do not waste your time or money going to doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. Riegle for the record I am a healthy 60 year old woman, not a competitor, not mentally ill, nor do I owe you any money. (See Dr. Riegle's post below). I elected to find another OB-GYN after my last visit with you in 2014. At that visit you advised that I needed a total hysterectomy after an in-office exam due to bleeding and that you had an opening for surgery the following Wednesday, only 5 days from my appointment with you. You had been my doctor for over 20 years and annually I excused your rantings and ravings about politics and healthcare changes because of the longevity of our relationship. When I came home from that last appointment I found multiple disheartening things online about you that substantiated my concerns (plus you had an absolutely empty waiting room when I was there). To be cautious, I made a second opinion appointment with another OB-GYN. She did not rush me into the emergency room, yet changed my estrogen intake. The bleeding stopped. It is with absolute sadness that I can no longer recommend you and honestly I am concerned for your other patients. If Dr. Riegle suggests immediate surgery you may want to go for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I was a patient of Dr Riegel's from 2000-2012 when I moved out of state. In 2014 when I found that I was pregnant, I wanted to go back to Texas so that my care could come from "My Dr". I am thankful for all of the treatments and care that Dr Riegel and his staff did for me over the years and if ever I or my friends or family moves back yo Texas, Dr Riegel will be our OBGYN of choice! Thanks for everything Dr!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Dr. Riegel is a personable physician that I have gone to for 9 years. I appreciate his ability to communicate information in everyday language. In our world of large practices where you are often just a number it is nice to find a doctor that still has a private practice where everyone knows your name. Also, I appreciate that during my visits he knows why I am there, has reviewed my chart and does not say 'and why are you here today'. I appreciate that he is still passionate about delievering babies and takes pride to be the doctor that delivers the babies of the patients that he has cared for during their pregnancy. Lastly, I had a medical crisis at 5:15 on weeknight and was amazed that Dr Riegal called back on his cell with kind, caring concern.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

This is Dr. Riegel. I see thousands upon thousands of patients every year. I have delivered 7000-8000 babies and performed thousands of surgeries. I have never been sued. I have held every position of authority at the hospitals, which mean that other OBGYNs consider me a solid doctor. Any patient who is mentally ill, is dismissed from my practice and /or doesn't pay their bill can go online and attempt to destroy a doctor Does it make sense that patients either love me or hate me? Competitors can get on and say anything they want. Any doctor can be a sitting duck for disgruntled patients.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Please don't use this doctor for his 'hormones'. I experienced daily bleeding while on his hormone therapy and he never suggested alternate therapies, just kept telling me I needed to be on the injections. Each visit he would rant against the insurance companies; including my final visit where he spent the first 10 minutes of the appointment complaining about how insurance did not pay anything for his "hormone ladies" and this was now going to be a cash business. This when I was in for heavy bleeding and he did not even inquire about my condition! Then, after a quick sono, he declared I needed to "take everything out" as I likely had cancer. Oh, and he had an opening on Wednesday. He wanted to use the DaVinci; when I asked how many he had done he arrogantly replied "A bunch". This after not even doing an annual exam on me for 2 years, even though I was in there several times to see him for problems? Well, I went for another opinion; and the new doctor ran some tests and guess what - no cancer! My issues subsided after stopping his injections, but I still need surgery, likely due to the injections. Run, don't walk, away from this doctor, I had been a patient for over 6 years and have seen this practice decline, as evidenced by the lack of patients in the waiting room. His nurse is great, though.

Submitted September 2, 2014

As a patient of Dr Riegel for over 15 years, I would caution anyone who even thought of going to him. As a 40ish year old woman, he gave me too much estrogen which then caused heavy bleeding and led to a D&C. He continued me on estrogen and still caused the heavy bleeding thus recommending a total hysterectomy. A couple months after this surgery, he tried a new combo estrogen/testosterone injection which he completely overdosed me on. It is going on 2 years and I am still dealing with the repercussions of this mishap. Please be mindful that this man delivered all 3 of my children and I trusted him. Not once in the past year has he called or inquired as to how I was doing. If you are looking for a caring and compassionate provider, I would suggest Dr Garrett Garner. Hope this helps and that no one else has to endure what I had to go through.

Submitted August 22, 2013

Dr. Riegel has extensive knowledge in bio-identical hormones & has developed a program to treat each patient individually (determined by blood test to regular hormone levels). He is very thorough in explanations of treatment options. I recommend him to anyone needing regulation of hormones and issues related to 'aging' (lack of desire for intimacy & realted pain, etc.).

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Riegel's for 8 years, and he and his staff are the best! It is usually easy to get an appointment though sometimes you may have to wait for a little while after you arrive. I really don't mind because Dr. Riegel takes the time to communicate with his patients. He does not take chances with a patient's health and well-being and works aggressively to find a solution to their issue. My husband also has great respect for Dr. Riegel and the way he communicated with him following my surgery a few months ago. Every patient should be so fortunate to have a competent and caring physician like Dr. Riegel.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

Dr. Christopher J. Riegel's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1987)

Workers Comp