Ratings for Dr. Michael Depenbusch

Just saw Dr. Depenbusch and his staff today for the first time. I had a great experience here today. I was surprised to see any bad reviews with this office as they are the most professional and staff friendly office I have been to in a long time. I guess everybody has a bad day but from the moment I walked in the door to the time I saw Dr. Depenbusch, who was very thorough and friendly, until I scheduled surgery and left,, I felt confident and well taken care of. The staff were friendly and happy and I would recommend this office to everyone!!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I was recommended to see a retinal specials because I was having flashes, floaters and my regular eye doc notice the start of a cataract. Dr. Depenbusch was the most rude medical provider I have ever encountered. I had told his staff that I had a complete eye exam 2 months prior to this appointment and just wanted to know the status of the cataracts and discuss the floaters/flashes. Dr. D was so angry with his staff for not scheduling a complete eye exam, he could stop yelling at the assistant, but in the office with me, in the hall and again by the reception area. He checked my eyes, comment that I definitely had cataracts, got up from his chair and started to write his notes. He asked why I didn't have a complete exam with him. Told just had one with my optometrist at COSTCO. He said, "They can dilate your eyes, why not have them check your cataracts?" I told him she referred me to a "specialist." I told him I had noticed the vision in my right eye becoming blurred. I was also told at SW Eye center a year ago, I had the beginning of a cataract in my right eye. Now Dr D is telling me both. I asked him if I needed to be concerned and he said no your eyes are healthy. Reschedule in a year. He asked if I wore glasses and told him I had an old pair of progressive lenses and thought I'd like another pair. He told me to go to COSTCO. Then he told me to go to the front desk to pay my co-pay. Most rude, unprofessional I've ever encountered. His staff was really nice. He could learn from them. I guess he was upset that he wasn't able to charge enough for his time. He should be ashamed of the way he treats his staff and his patients. Throw a fit somewhere else!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Thank God for Dr Depenbusch. I would not trust any other surgeon for my cataract surgery. Now at age 69 I see without any glasses 20/20 both eyes! Skilled, caring doctor and great staff. I was a difficult case and his calculations for perfect vision were spot on target! He will treat you like family!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

I took my dad for his cataract surgery there and was fantastic experience

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

I received a very extensive exam. Both Dr. Depenbusch and his technician,took the time to answer all my questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr Depenbusch was so effecient, both prior and after surgery! Wonderful staff, got all testing done, with written details, and what to expect. On time appointments. GREAT!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

I had my cataract surgery this morning. easy, convenient, no pain and I can see to send this message already

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

Wonderful doctor and great office staff. They were right on time and the doctor was extremely thorough.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I would recommend this office to anyone. He completed my surgery with upgraded implants and I no longer need glasses

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

Professional, skilled, friendly and willing to communicate thoroughly with his patients.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

Dr. Michael Depenbusch's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Banner Health

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just saw Dr. Depenbusch and his staff today for the first time. I had a great experience here today. I was surprised to see any bad reviews with this office as ..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I was recommended to see a retinal specials because I was having flashes, floaters and my regular eye doc notice the start of a cataract. Dr. Depenbusch was t..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank God for Dr Depenbusch. I would not trust any other surgeon for my cataract surgery. Now at age 69 I see without any glasses 20/20 both eyes! Skilled, cari..."

January 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I took my dad for his cataract surgery there and was fantastic experience"

September 5, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=121606'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 5, 2014
  • City changed from "Chandler" to "Paradise Valley"

December 10, 2012
  • Specialty changed from "Optometrist" to "Ophthalmologist"

January 27, 2012