Ratings for Dr. Clifford J. Schob

Dr. Schob and everyone at Comprehensive Orthopedics have been simply amazing leading up to, through and following my knee surgeries. I cannot possibly express my gratitude for their warmth, professionalism and expertise. I have always felt most welcomed upon arrival to my appointments, with little or no wait time to be seen. Dr. Schob always took the time to answer my questions and to explain each and every step in terms that were not only easy to understand but also very encouraging. Visits to Comprohensive Orthopedics are always an enjoyable experience in light of the reason for visiting and I truly felt cared for as an individual. Dr. Schob is gifted, not only with incredible surgical skills but also with a wonderful sense of hunour that really put me at ease...even (especially) on the days of my surgeries. Who can say they had fun going in for an outpatient surgery...I can, thanks to Dr. Schob. I cannot recommend, nor thank Dr. Schob and Comprehensive Orthopedics enough.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

After my husband was taken out of work for over 4 weeks behind a knee injury; this guy cleared him to go to work. WITHOUT doing a xray or looking at the previous xray from prior doctor! He assumed my husband was looking for a way out asking "what do you want? What are you trying to get?" He is a terrible doctor and will be held responsible for any further damages to my husband's injury!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

AFTER HAVING AN ACCIDENT AT WORK WHICH IS AN AMBULANCE COMPANY THEY SEND ME OVER TO DOCTOR SCHOB WHICH IS ARROGANT THINK HE KNOWS IT ALL NO DOCTOR ACCORDING TO HIM IS NOT A DOCTOR ONLY HIM AFTER AFTER DIAGNOS WITH FRACTURE NEC AND BACK SAID I ONLY HAVE AUTHORITIES AND TWIST MY KNECK AND HURT ME MORE HE SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR FRAUD WITH THE INSURANCE AND AMBUELANCE AGENCY

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

After have a work accident, be out for 6 weeks ,passing to 5 Concentra Doctors,made 3 MRI and have been diagnose with herniated disc at neck ,the supraspinatus tendon with a 80% tear at anterior insertion, Doctor Clifford Schob ,without see any of my MRI’s and without a physical exam told me that my injuries wasn’t work related. He diagnose it as arthritis age related; a staff present in the room ,told him that a shoulder MRI was at the computer waiting for him look at ,he said “what shoulder”; then I told him that I have a pain at shoulder that I can even can get dressed without pain. He stand up, told me that I should go back to work and left the room. After fill minutes the staff came back get the MRI disk and took to him in another room,3 to 4 minutes late he came back with the same history, you don’t have nothing “that is my opinion”,and I recommend you go back to work tomorrow. I was expecting a decent and fair diagnose ,based on the medical history of this accident and get the appropriated treatment. This is that kind of doctor ,that when the staff call you on his room for consultation, after get in ,you see him stand and fill up a prescription, than you say : “Doc you didn’t see me yet ,how come you are make me a prescription?” he answer: “ This one is for the next patient, yours is all ready at the table.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Schob is horrible. I saw him for WC injury. I had two Cervical disc herniated, he told me he had four dis herniated in his neck and he's fine. He told me "when you walk out of the room tell yourself your fine". I ended up having to have neck surgery for unbearable pain. He told me he doesn't understand why I was on light duty for a physically demanding job while I was recovering from ankle surgery due also to wc injury. I can't stress enough how horrible he is. He will absolutely say whatever WC wants him to. He listed tests/exams in his report that he never did. He put int his report their was no reason for a discogram that another Orthopedic said was needed. I ended up seeing another who is a spine specialist on my own who also said it was needed. I had severe neck pain and two disc herniated. I also had a nerve test that was positive prior to his exam and he completely ignored the report in his report and told me the pain was in my head. WORTHLESS

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

My son, an athlete saw Dr. Schob for years - paid cash after he stopped taking my insurance- and we had to wait HOURS for him in his office. He totally misdiagnosed my son's shoulder injury - told him it was rotator cuff tendonitis and sent him for physical therapy. The physical therapist caught that it was a labral tear and sent us back to Dr. Schob. Waited hours for Dr. Schob - he spent 2 minutes with my son and said it might be a tear and need some minor clean up. Went for a second opinion in NYC - MRI indicated the tear, labrum had torn from the bone and a tear to a tendon to the rotator cuff. My son had surgery - I sent Dr. Schob an email telling him my son had surgery and I never heard from Dr. Schob again. I paid this Dr. $$$ - saw him for years - would never recommend him to anyone.

Submitted February 21, 2013

No patient consideration strictly in favor of my job without concern for how I was actually feeling. Gave me a novicaine and cortisone shot acted as if he performed some type of miracle. Would not return if my job didn't order me to I am currently awaiting a second referral.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

Dr Schob is egotistical & arrogant! The only reason I went to him is because he was the only one with an opening & I was forced to go due to W/C. I am in the medical field, & can honestly say this "doctor" (and I use that term extremely loosely) should never treat a patient! If you are ever sent to him, I beg you to get another opinion. You are made to wait because in his opinion, you have too. My attorney has had to call for my IME report numerous times only to be told "it's being worked on" and this is now going on 6 months. This so-called doctor must have gotten his degree from the back of a magazine and not through a true medical school. STAY AWAY! I am reporting him to the Medical Board and the AG office, as many others are.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

Horrible bedside manner, arrogant and keeps changing diagnosis at almost every visit. Wait time exceeded 1.45hrs after being screened by the nurse without any explanation. Very pro workers' comp physician. Might be different if you are paying privately.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

To those that Dr. Schob bills directly, it might seem he’s the best - he’s still collecting. For those coming to see him as part of workers compensation, not so much and the reason why healthcare in this country is in need of some curing....sending workers who may need an extra day or two to recover back to work right after an accident just spells out INSURANCE KICKBACK! Save me money and I’ll share the savings with you...

flag | Submitted December 12, 2010

Dr. Clifford J. Schob's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1982)