Ratings for Dr. Harold A. Chertok

Dr. Chertok is an excellent and thorough doctor. One of his staff members, named Malissa, has room for improvement. At first, I thought maybe she was just an assertive person. No, that is not the case. She is the rudest person I have ever dealt with in a medical setting. Calling to make an appointment always made me anxious because I was afraid that she would answer the phone. She would sigh, huff, and reply with an attitude to almost every request or question I had. I am looking for a new doctor. I don't expect to be catered to, but I would like to be treated like a human being.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

When I first went to Dr. Chertok, I thought I had finally found a doctor that would listen to me. Over time, I found that to be incorrect. As an obese diabetic, I desperately needed weight loss surgery. Dr. Chertok is not a believer in that. I needed new diabetic shoes with a special insertion to replace an amputated toe. He refused to do the paperwork. He is not a fan of paperwork. Now a foot ulcer has appeared on the other foot which caused me to lose a toe to begin with. So, he sent me to a "sugar doctor" who did the exact same treatment as Dr. Chertok which didn't work in the first place. Even the sugar doctor diagnosed me with insulin resistance which means no matter how much insulin is pumped into my body, it's still not going to work. Even though Dr. Chertok knows about many things, I honestly feel that he can't admit to making an error about doing what is best for certain patients. I can't be the only one that's had this experience.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr. Chertok is very knowledgeable, very helpful, and very courteous. The complaint regarding his computer use is unjustified. He enters in data while he is talking to you to keep his file up to date, and can pull up your file to go over things while you are sitting there in the examination room. He always listens very attentively and gives patients as much time as they need. He explains things thoroughly - as thoroughly as you want. I've never had to wait long to see him after arriving for an appointment either, in contrast to many other doctors who seem to regard a patient's time as unimportant. I'm an old guy now, who has had many doctors, and I can say that Dr. Chertok is the best general practitioner that I've had. All I can say about the complaints on this site is that these patients have had experiences very unlike my own. In agreement with other people who have left comments here, I am less enthusiastic about some of the staff members.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I agree with other comments about the front desk staff being very poor. They spend more time gossiping than getting things done. I have witnessed this without fail every visit over the last few years. The comments from the front desk staff lead you to believe they are a bit less than fit for the job. Arrived w/o an appointment due to severe pain. I was almost turned away by the front desk staff. An hour after I arrived I saw a secondary doctor and was immediately sent to the ER and spent 2 days in the hospital. This is the 3rd time I have waited in the office for a period of time while in severe pain. I have been with Chertok for years, but if it is not routine it is worthwhile seeing someone else.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Love Dr. Cherok, but his office staff is beyond rude. He needs to replace Melissa stat.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

Was my dr for 13 years then refused to see me after a car accident unless I paid cash up front even tho my insurance said they would pay. cares more about his money than his pacients health. sorry that's not good enough for me, I found a new dr.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Best Primary Care doctor I've ever had. His typing into the computer while talking with patient provides a LOT of information at later appointments. Very competent, very engaging, superior at referring to specialists. Agree with other reviews about staff - some (nurses) are excellent, and some (front desk) can be very disinterested/unfriendly. All are helpful when called upon.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Chertock is a great doctor. Knows his stuff, listens well, spends time with patients, and is very competent. His Office staff receives a "failing" grade. I do not understand why someone like Melissa is still there. She is discourteous, rude, and not helpful. I am no longer a patient and do not recommend him because of his unhelpful office staff.....especially Melissa.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

Dr Chertok always takes time to talk with me about my visit. He does use his computer for updates and also information to help with visit. I never have more than few minutes wait. Would recommend him to anyone. He also is very careful with medications and will not medicate unless absolutely necessary.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

Overmedicated my father on fentanyl and morphine for abdominal pain and vomiting with bowel distention and did not rule out bowel obstruction first. As a result, he spent 11 days in the hospital and we anticipate 4 weeks in rehab to get him back to his previous level of functioning.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr. Harold A. Chertok's Credentials

• Nova Se Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Ft Lauderdale Fl 33328 (Grad. 1997)