Ratings for Dr. Jamal J. Fox

If I were rating my first visit I would give a glowing review, although he was late. But coming up for my second appointment (which was made a month in advance), I called to confirm the appointment and I was told that they were canceling it because he was going to be in his second office. I was highly upset. It was extremely unprofessional to me. So I have found a new doctor. He is a good doctor, but he has a major timing issue.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

I had an appointment with Dr Jamal Fox and showed up 5 min early. I was shown to one of his exam rooms and told that the Dr. would be right with me. After 15min I looked around no one was in the building except for the two women employees talking to each other. After 25min the Doctor came in through the back door and into see me. I asked him why I was sitting there 25min and he told me he was out picking up legal papers. I lost 1.5 hours of pay to fit his schedule and he did not have the decency to be in the building.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Fox treats my whole family. He is very knowledgeable and nice.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Fox has been seeing me for the last couple of years and always great to deal with. My first visit to his office I woke up with a really bad eye infection and had just moved to the area. I called his office at around 7:30 am to listen to the recording to find out when and if they were open that day. After listening to the recording I hung up and he called me right back. I told him what was going on and he told me to meet him in 30 minutes at the office. He took excellent care of my eye and it was so great to have a doctor that cared for my eyes as much as I did. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

Dr Fox and his staff is very helpful. I was diagnosed with glaucoma and the doctor that was treating me did not explained the eye disease. Dr. Fox sat down with me and explained everything and answered any questions and concerns I had. I have recommended him and staff to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Lovely people in this office! A very knowledgeable and helpful eye doctor. I needed help while on a trip with a rapidly changing contact lens prescription. They not only worked me in quickly, they saw me several times (without further charge) and treated me like family even though they knew I would only be in town for a few weeks. Then they coordinated with my eye care clinic when I got home. Prompt, friendly, professional!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Fox is friendly and knowledgable. After having some eye pain, I called the office looking to make an appointment. He said to meet him there in an hour, and it turned out the office had been closed. He says he comes in for all patient "emergencies." How wonderful! He also explained astigmatism to me very clearly, referencing a recent conference to explain why I was blurry at night. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2007

Dr. Jamal J. Fox's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Optometry (Grad. 2002)

• BCBS Illinois