Ratings for Dr. Darren E. Wirtz

Dr Wirtz has been treating me for several years now and he is very personable, knowledgeable and thorough. He has recently established his own private practice which function much better than his old location! A big improvement overall and I hope he succeeds spectacularly. I for one will continue to see this Dr as I have never been let down. (Didn't like his old facility/association however)

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Never had a problem with him in all the years of going to him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Worst doctor I have ever seen. He sits in the corner scribbling on a piece of paper. My physical consisted of him ordering some labs & an EKG. No hands on exam. I saw him for bronchitis & abdominal pain. He didn't listen to my chest & he didn't feel my abdomen. He did order an ultrasound, chest xray but his nurse scheduled them for 6 weeks out! When I needed new prescriptions to mail in, I made an appointment as he instructed & took in my med list with the meds I needed highlighted. He said they didn't write prescriptions any more & his "nurse" would send it to the pharmacy. He scribbled the meds on his piece of paper and handed my sheet back & I gave him the information from my insurance card. The next day his "nurse" called saying she tried to call it in but I needed a new prescription! I told her at check in that I needed new prescriptions. After 3 weeks I called insurance & they didn't have prescriptions. Had to call "nurse" back & go through entire thing again. Out of meds then!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Wirtz is one of the best doctors I've had. He is very personable, makes me feel comfortable and thoroughly explains whatever is going on with me. I never feel rushed and he always asks if there's anything else I want to discuss. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Moods from euphoria to anger. Uncalled for personal putdowns. Ego more important than patient's condition. Juvenile logic sometimes. Aggressive motor mouth. I can really Pick them.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

This is one of the best doctors I have found in my 11 years in Las Vegas. I was diagnosed with lung Cancer shortly after I came here, so I have made the rounds of many of the doctors in the area. Good ones like Dr Wirtz are hard to come by. This one is definitely a keeper!! As my primary care provider he starts off by asking, "How can I make you feel better today?" And he seriously follows through on that attitude. He asks many questions, some seem unrelated at the time, but at the end of the session he thoroughly explains his diagnosis and recommendations. Then he even takes the time to ask if you agree and feel this is the right way to go or do you want something else? I've never had a Doctor do something like that. He has never made me feel rushed. Dr Wertz is unique and seems to have understanding of a very broad spectrum of the medical field.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

I currently see Dr. Wirtz. He seems to know his stuff and is helping me with some back problems. I always wait a LONG time to see him, but he does spend a decent amount of time with me so I can't really complain about that. He does come off arogant and condescending but I know that now walking in so I don't let it get to me. I would say he's pretty much your average doctor.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

He recommended Imitrex for migraines knowing I have a history of strokes and this drug is contraindicated in patients with history of stroke. He was very condesending, I waited 2 hours for him. Everything I requested for a referral he refused. I thought maybe he gets kick backs from the insurance company as he wanted to do nothing for me. PLUS HE NEVER EXAMINED ME! The only time he touched me was to shake my hand. He is incompentent, rude and stupid. I wouldn't recommend him to my worse enemy. I have a MSN (masters in nursing) with almost 30 years of nursing experience he is one of the worse doctors I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010