Ratings for Dr. Jonathan D. Carlson

Front desk staff, assistant and doctor were very rude to me. Horrible experience and horrible care.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

We will never go to this doctor again! Over an hour wait every time! When we called for directions we were advised that we would be charged if we were late, yet we were left in the waiting room for over an hour and only spent two minutes with the doctor each time. When we finally were able to see him, everything we said was disregarded, we were never notified that the records were never received,and all the doctor did was offer to write a prescription. Just walked out of the office after waiting over an hour and a half today. Never going back again!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Only saw him once, won't be going back again. He couldn't take the time to speak to me before the procedure and when he came into the procedure room he refused to answer my questions. He just kept telling me to put my head down so that they could administer sedation. Half his face was covered with a nose and mouth guard so I couldn't even tell you what he looks like. Very unprofessional and condescending !

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr Jonathan Carlson does not even care to talk about the plan of care. He was just interested in giving injections, then he past you along with different DR to continued the care. He did not F/u why the injections did not work.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Don't go here, this was the worst experience ever, in the 11 years I have been battling chronic migraines.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

He talks too fast and judges even faster. 'Oh, you need a refill 5 days early? Addict, I can't do that!' "But aren't you the pain specialist? Shouldn't you figure it out? I mean I quartered the tablets and additionally took .25 on days that were really bad. On a QID, shouldn't YOU up the dose and minimize the quantity?" Whatever! They are all the same... push push...whatever will make money!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

First visit or two was nice, the Dr. was nice and staff. I did injections. All he seemed to care about was injections which I assume is where they make their money. When the injections didn't work it was almost like Dr Carlson got upset and stopped my medication for no reason. They seem to treat every person like an addict. The assistant on the phone didn't even offer me withdrawal medication when they stopped my meds. I would never recommend this place or Dr to anyone. I'm more interested in a Dr wanting to help with pain.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Severe back/leg pain. very uncomfortable chairs. had to walk no one cared if you can't. Waited over 1 hr to be seen. Then another 45 minutes to have the procedure. Had to lay down on table due to pain and unable to sit in stiff chair provided in room. Prodecure was a spinal injection and it was horrible - i was screaming in pain. He left immediately then his asst wanted me to walk! I couldn't she got a wheelchair then I started to pass out. She didn't know what to do and was screaming for help. He didn't look at the CAT scan CD, instead tried to get the report from hospital. Never got it. The report was on the CD. Then they expected me to walk out to the lobby - i couldn't even stand as my leg was so numb. Overall, I think the furniture is not condusive to people in pain, and the staff needs a nurse, not untrained people who don't know what to do. I felt the whole place was a cattle call and people lined up in rooms waiting to be seen.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

I saw Dr. Carlson for TMJ and Neuromas. For the TMJ problem, he performed okay using multiple steroid injections. The cause of the problem was actually determined to be sinus related. My pain was reduced by half and that was a blessing however the problems persist. Had he examined prior CAT Scans or medical recs he may have come to that conclusion himself. I sought out an ENT who is now 'cleaning up the mess' from this last year. AZ Pain Spec. claim to treats Neuromas and staff confirmed this via telephone however upon paid visit he referred me to a podiatrist claiming he is not trained to treat with the current technology. He mentioned the appropriate machine for the intervention is "too expensive" for his practice-something I would have wanted to know prior to my appt and wasting my time. The most effective intervention for Neuromas is cryoanalgesia; this intervention has a 94-97% success rate versus the 30-40% success rate of steroid injections which he uses per his website.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

Dr. Jonathan D. Carlson's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Top Hospitals in Peoria, AZ