Dr. Cameron Clokie

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Cameron Clokie

Dr Clokie was wonderful. He has extensive knowledge of his field he is also very kind and caring. The difficult procedure I had was done with confidence and great skill. Follow up and all contacts with office staff were very pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

My both sons had a surgery with him. Dr has excellent skills, good bedside. He did not push and actually recommended another specialist. Since Since 3 of them were involved I had to orchestrate the order and resolve dependencies to my best abilities.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Went to Profiles after reading the teeth-in-an-hour advertisement on their website. None of the procedures stated on the advertisement were performed. i.e. 3D (CB)CT diagnostic imaging of the patient and a radiographic guide, virtual implant placement following prosthetic driven planning can be performed within the NobelClinician Software, and guided surgery. Furthermore, I was charged an additional $2500 for additional materials???

Submitted May 22, 2013

I required the removal of a rare Pindborg Tumour from my upper jaw and maxillary sinus. Dr. Clokie, et al, performed this surgery at Mt. Sinai Hospital. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Clokie, Dr. Ta, the nurses, Wendy, and anybody else in the Oral/Maxillofacial Department at the hospital that I may have missed. The entire staff was great. Dr. Clokie is very knowledgable, approachable, and helpful with any questions I may have had during the post-surgery follow-up visits. I look forward to getting any future reconstruction work bone grafts, etc., done by the same staff. Thank you, Dr. Clokie, and Mt. Sinai Hospital.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

I had my wisdom teeth taken out by him. A week after the surgery, I still didn’t have feeling or taste in the right side of my mouth. I went back to him and he said that the nerve had likely been injured, and there is nothing he could do except that I have to wait and see what happens. After about 6 months, I still didn’t have any feeling or taste in the right side of my mouth. For example, I could chew my tongue and not know what happened...that’s how bad it was. After 5 years, taste and feeling is back 80%, but that’s good as it gets, and I’m grateful that I got some feeling back. As for Dr Clokie, I never received any follow up from this doctor to see how my condition was going. So be my guest, go waste your money like I did with a “good” doctor who doesn’t care about you after he gets your cash.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

I had my wisdom teeth removed with Dr Clokie. He provided great service and I did not have any complications. The staff are absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

I was told I did not have enough bone from my dentist and was sent to see Dr Clokie.Dr Clokie was able to place implants without having to do a bone augmentation.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

I also went to this surgeon as he is supposed to be one of the best and also “after surgery” went poorly. It has been almost a year and 5 additional surgeries and the problem still has not been resolved. I am also regretting having any surgery with him at all. He feels that answering my questions is somehow below him.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Dr. Clokie is EXCELLENT! I am amazed by his expertise, knowledge, and talents. Furthermore, Dr. Clokie has an exceptionally pleasant attitude which made things so much easier for me. Love him!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Very professional and friendly. Takes time to see you when you have concerns.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

Dr. Cameron Clokie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Clokie is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and is the Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Toronto. He practices the full scope of the specialty of Oral and Maxiilofacial Surgery. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 1985 and completed his specialty training in 1990 then subsequently a doctorate (PhD) in bone regeneration related to interface development of dental implants from McGill University in 1992. Dr. Clokie has established himself as a leader in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Due to his innovative approaches to the surgical management of the jaws he is frequently sought after as a clinician and teacher. He has many publications and has lectured internationally on a variety of topics related to oral healthcare including the future of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, bone regeneration and university related technology transfer. In 1993, Dr. Clokie established the Bone-Integrated Implant Research Group at McGill University that has been actively involved in the evaluation and development of new bone regenerative technologies. In this capacity he has served as a consultant and as a member of the scientific advisory boards for numerous companies and industrial partners. Dr. Clokie was named the Associate Dean of Clinical Programs at McGill University in 1996 and in 1998 completed a sabbatical at the UCLA Bone Research Laboratory working with Dr. Marshall Urist exploring the use of carriers for delivery of BMP. He also functions as a scientific consultant to GenSci Regeneration Sciences Inc. He has been granted patents for technologies developed in his laboratory both for North America and Europe. Dr. Clokie has developed an international network of collaborators working in this field attempting to better understand the impact of growth factor technologies on bone regeneration. The first in a series of products that were developed in his laboratory was brought to market in October 1997. The fundamental goal of his research is to develop bioimplants that will eventually replace the need for autogenous bone grafts. This ultimately will benefit not only his patient but all patients requiring surgical augmentation of their bones.

• English