Dr. Cameron Clokie

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Cameron Clokie

Dr. Clokie is one if the best Oral Surgeons around.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

He extracted wisdom teeth for both of my children. Excellent experience for them. It all went smoothly and easy recovery. Dr. Cloike was professional, kind and skilled. His staff were a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Absolutely satisfied. I had bone graft, and implants done. So much knowledge and yet so humble, gladly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I just had my wisdom teeth out by Dr. Clokie about a week ago. I was really nervous about the procedure having my wisdom teeth out as an adult. Dr. Clokie and his nursing staff were absolutely wonderful and explained everything! They took great care of me! No complications! I would gladly recommend Dr. Clokie and his staff! Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. Clokie removed my wisdom teeth. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. The surgery went great! I would recommend him

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Impressive credentials, but very disappointing experience. I had my my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Clokie. However, the operation has resulted in what now appears to be permanent nerve damage, and has also impacted my speech. The operation itself was rushed. Post operation support was poor. In retrospect, I think that his recommendation to remove some perfectly sound teeth was motivated by commercial reasons, but I fell for it. I regret my experience and caution other potential patients to think twice before making use of his services.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

This man is brilliant and professional at all times. His kindness exudes confidence.His work is superb and I would value his honesty and skill. I am in the dental field and was amazed at his work.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Only good things to say about Dr. Clokie. He removed all four of my wisdom teeth at once (three of which were severely impacted, one of which was getting infected). He did the surgery completely smoothly and both he and his staff were very helpful and calming given how stressed I was about the procedure. I would happily recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Over five years after he treated me, I think of this man almost every day with a little love and a little hate. The love: he dug some bone graft material out of my jaw that should never have been put there (it was put there by a periodontist not associated with him). The hate: while digging it out, he said that he has seen this type of rejection happen before (my body hated the graft and attacked it with everything it had) and argued with people at conferences who deny it ever happens. But when I offered to support him in his allegations, and asked his support to take this issue to the graft manufacturer, and the many health care providers who turned their backs on me, he demurred, saying they'll never admit it's true and I should "go on with my life", which was in pieces at that point. It breaks my heart to think that this has undoubtedly happened to others and that there is nothing I can do to help. From the bottom of my heart, thanks, and no thanks, Dr. Clokie.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I should have a suergery with him. When I came to his office, he was joking. He did not explain how it will be. He did not provide any info about risks of procedure. He told that we will cut first and than we will decide what to do. He was in a rash. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

Dr. Cameron Clokie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Clokie is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and is the Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Toronto. He practices the full scope of the specialty of Oral and Maxiilofacial Surgery. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 1985 and completed his specialty training in 1990 then subsequently a doctorate (PhD) in bone regeneration related to interface development of dental implants from McGill University in 1992. Dr. Clokie has established himself as a leader in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Due to his innovative approaches to the surgical management of the jaws he is frequently sought after as a clinician and teacher. He has many publications and has lectured internationally on a variety of topics related to oral healthcare including the future of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, bone regeneration and university related technology transfer. In 1993, Dr. Clokie established the Bone-Integrated Implant Research Group at McGill University that has been actively involved in the evaluation and development of new bone regenerative technologies. In this capacity he has served as a consultant and as a member of the scientific advisory boards for numerous companies and industrial partners. Dr. Clokie was named the Associate Dean of Clinical Programs at McGill University in 1996 and in 1998 completed a sabbatical at the UCLA Bone Research Laboratory working with Dr. Marshall Urist exploring the use of carriers for delivery of BMP. He also functions as a scientific consultant to GenSci Regeneration Sciences Inc. He has been granted patents for technologies developed in his laboratory both for North America and Europe. Dr. Clokie has developed an international network of collaborators working in this field attempting to better understand the impact of growth factor technologies on bone regeneration. The first in a series of products that were developed in his laboratory was brought to market in October 1997. The fundamental goal of his research is to develop bioimplants that will eventually replace the need for autogenous bone grafts. This ultimately will benefit not only his patient but all patients requiring surgical augmentation of their bones.

• English