Dr. Cameron Clokie

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Cameron Clokie

18 years after motor vehicle accident I was referred to Dr. Clokie by a top notch plastic surgeon who said I needed dentistry not plastic surgery. I had loss of facial fullness in my lower front jaw, a less than pleasing 8 tooth bridge and a slight crookedness when speaking or smiling due some nerve damage. I'd initially tried implants. They didn't take. I expected to be turned away. To my surprise and delight Clokie said he could improve my appearance with a bone craft but it wouldn't be enough for implants. All expectations were exceeded. I ended up with a bone graft large enough for implants. He sculpted it to minimize the crooked side and it filled out my lower jaw. 7 years later I couldn't be more delighted. Beautiful work. Aesthetically pleasing. I think he's the best. Highly skilled.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2018

I hope the College never reinstates his license. A fine surgeon he might well be, as expressed by the five star ratings of patients who did well by him, but those of us who didn't were left disfigured, in chronic pain, and emotionally crushed. I ended up having a complete breakdown because of the chronic pain. During the multiple emergency surgeries and chronic infections over the course of 6 months after surgery, where I kept saying it felt like I had a cigarette lighter held against my bottom lip, I was made to feel insignificant. He was dismissive, arrogant, and had no integrity or accountability for the state that I was left in. He told me the damage to my nerve(s) would take as much as 5 years to resolve, knowing full well that by then there would be nothing I could do. I ended up in and out of hospital for 2 years dealing with severe depression and anxiety, lost all of my assets which had to be sold to support me, and here I am ten years later having round after round of expensive dental work done to repair the damage he did to me. I still suffer severe anxiety - PTSD - from the trauma and have been unable to return to my former work. And I doubt very much if this experience will make him any less cavalier in the way he treats patients.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Dr. Clockie is best of the best surgeons, and his working team are excellent! His life is his life. We need him!!!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

I don’t care about his lawsuits. He is an amazing dental surgeon. He removed my wisdom teeth perfectly with hardly any swelling. We all make mistakes. Give him back his license!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

Dr Clokie was recommended by my dentist as the very best. My experience was excellent, the implants were without problems. He and his staff were very pleasant, very professional and made the experience very easy. I hope he can get his license back....I need him again.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

My dentist back in 2011 had recommended Dr. Clokie to me. I was wearing bottom right partials. Dr. Clokie had to rebuild my gum, I had surgery at Mt. Sinai. Healing of the gum, insertion of the post all went smoothly. I am grateful to Dr. Clokie. It was costly.. but it turned out well. My dentist said he was the best and I believe it is so.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

Dr Clokie , pull yourself together and create a life for yourself . You are a talented Doctor , made a mistake , learn from it and move on . You are too good to let yourself down . "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam"

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Excellent surgeon. Knowledgeable, friendly yet professional and talented. For the sake of his patients, past and future, I hope he returns soon.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

I do NOT care what Dr Clokie does in his personal life. He was an excellent surgeon. I had 3 surgeries in total by him, one using his inventive BMT bone growth enhancer. He ALWAYS made me feel like I was in control of my surgeries, and always made me feel at ease by explaining everything and letting me see my scans and lab work (I work in the medical field). He was the type of doctor that would call you at home with results! One evening I was having emergency surgery - he was due at some high class dinner. He was late to the dinner because of my surgery and showed up at the hospital in the wee hours to check on me post op. I now have a reoccurrence of my tumor after 14 years and I only wish Dr Clokie was practicing so that he once again could be my surgeon. Ironically the dentist who originally missed my tumor got a slap on the wrist from the college, yet Dr Clokie gets suspended over a failed lover affair!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

OMFS and Dr. Clokie are riddled in fraud. Very ripe to be sued if anyone feels they were ripped off by the department. There has already been a number of law suits and investigations launched against them for frauds.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. Cameron Clokie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Clokie is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and is the Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Toronto. He practices the full scope of the specialty of Oral and Maxiilofacial Surgery. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 1985 and completed his specialty training in 1990 then subsequently a doctorate (PhD) in bone regeneration related to interface development of dental implants from McGill University in 1992. Dr. Clokie has established himself as a leader in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Due to his innovative approaches to the surgical management of the jaws he is frequently sought after as a clinician and teacher. He has many publications and has lectured internationally on a variety of topics related to oral healthcare including the future of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, bone regeneration and university related technology transfer. In 1993, Dr. Clokie established the Bone-Integrated Implant Research Group at McGill University that has been actively involved in the evaluation and development of new bone regenerative technologies. In this capacity he has served as a consultant and as a member of the scientific advisory boards for numerous companies and industrial partners. Dr. Clokie was named the Associate Dean of Clinical Programs at McGill University in 1996 and in 1998 completed a sabbatical at the UCLA Bone Research Laboratory working with Dr. Marshall Urist exploring the use of carriers for delivery of BMP. He also functions as a scientific consultant to GenSci Regeneration Sciences Inc. He has been granted patents for technologies developed in his laboratory both for North America and Europe. Dr. Clokie has developed an international network of collaborators working in this field attempting to better understand the impact of growth factor technologies on bone regeneration. The first in a series of products that were developed in his laboratory was brought to market in October 1997. The fundamental goal of his research is to develop bioimplants that will eventually replace the need for autogenous bone grafts. This ultimately will benefit not only his patient but all patients requiring surgical augmentation of their bones.

• English