Ratings for Dr. Larry D. Tatum

I'm seeing this " doctor" only because I have too with my current insurance. I found him to be very bossy, uncaring and unwilling to listen to my thoughts and concerns. I would Not recommend him to ANYONE EVER !!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I first went to Dr. Tatum after my long time dr. retired. My first appt. was due to abdominal pain. He took such great care of me. He made me feel like he cared about my issue and went above and beyond to help me. For regular yearly checkups, he's fine. I like his humor. But you can really tell the high calibar doctors when you've got something out of the ordinary and see the type of care you get. I am very pleased to know I have found my second long term doctor.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Tatum because I have a high risk pregnancy and I was told he was the best. I was very unhappy with his beside manner. He spent little to no time with me and did his reponse for every concern I had was a corny joke and he was in and out without giving me a chance to say anything. He then dictates his office note infront of you instead of actually speaking directly to you about his plans. I did not return to him after the 6th month of my pregnancy because of his inpersonable manner and lack of helpfulness.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr. Tatum is absolutely wonderful. He is very honest, caring, and genuinely concerned about his patients. He delivered both of my girls and was VERY willing to work with whatever birth plan I had in mind. He is the type of doctor that spends very little time in your room but makes you feel like he was there for an hour. He is an excellent physician, to say the least. As far as the comment about him "not bothering to show up for the birth", he is very open at the BEGINNING of every pregnancy about the fact that he and the other doctors in his practice run on a rotating schedule on weekends and holidays. Doctors have lives and families as well. I think he is great.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Gone to Dr. Tatum for 20 yrs. He is super . would not change docs for anything. Dr. t is my hero

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Not impressed with dr Tatum. I was having a lot pf problems with my first pregnancy, my legs swelled up like tree trunks but he never gave me anything for it and didn't seem to care. When I went into labor he didn't bother show up to deliver the baby, the doctor on staff at the hospital did it. He has two offices and the staff can't keep the appt straight. I will never go back. For my next pregnancy I went to another doctor!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Dr. Tatum has been my doctor for almost 10 years. I have had several issues and have had two children. He has delivered both of them. With my second, his shift was over when I had just arrived to the hospital, but he stayed and delivered my son a few hours later. He is very dedicated to his patients. I am thankful for having a doctor like him.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

Dr. Larry D. Tatum's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1979)