Ratings for Dr. Laura Schiffer

Very helpful staff. Dr. Schiffer is very professional and honest. Keeps you looking natural but improved. Will continue to be a patient.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Wait time from referral to appointment for severe migraine Botox injections? Family member suffering for years, referral sent weeks ago. It’s important for a patient in chronic pain to know . 1 Refferral has been received. 2. An appointment date. Most patients just need reassurance they will be seen and treated.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr. Laura Schiffer

Dr. Laura Schiffer's response
I am sorry your family member is having a difficult time, both with their headaches and with the appointment scheduling. My staff do their best to process referrals and book consultations in a timely manner, which can be challenging given the very large number of referrals we receive, but I am surprised and troubled that you say they have not heard anything about a referral sent weeks ago. Unfortunately without knowing where the referral was sent, ie my North York or Mississauga location, it’s hard to comment further , except to say that typically the referring doctor would be the one to hear back from my office about an appointment within a couple of weeks of a referral being sent. It is the family physician/referring doctor’s office who would normally contact the patient directly to give them the date of the consultation, as is the case with most specialist appointments. We also do our best to get people in to be seen as quickly as possible, but again due to the volume of migraine patients specifically, there is sometimes a wait of some weeks to months. I would really like to help your relative to get seen, so my best suggestion is for them to call the North York or Mississauga office, indicating to the staff that Dr. Schiffer advised them to ask whether a referral has been received and whether an appointment has been scheduled. For our messages, it’s always important that full a full name and phone number be left clearly audible on our machine so we can get back in touch.

Submitted February 20, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Schiffer at her Mississauga office for many years for migraine diagnosis and treatment. She is an excellent neurologist and I am happy that she has multiple offices that make it easy to access for follow up and treatment. THe staff at the Mississauga office are friendly and helpful and always accommodating. I have been to many specialists in the past and Dr. schiffer has really taken the time to help me find the right treatment options and isn’t afraid to try new and innovative interventions. I highly recommend her to fellow headache and migraine sufferers.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I have been dealing with depression and chronic migraines. She treats my migraines with botox and thanks to that I have started to live again. She never gave up on my treatment. Thanks for giving my life back

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

My dream is to meet a real rain surgeon and I hope I can meet with you one day.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I saw this doctor but must say I was very disappointed . I saw this doctor but was greatly disappointed. She is only available in the TO office one day per week. She has made the decision to treat wrinkles in Mississauga over diseases. I think that says it all.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Dr. Laura Schiffer

Dr. Laura Schiffer's response
I am very sorry to learn you were disappointed with your appointment. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this in person if you would like to come in to speak about your concerns. It appears you are also under a misunderstanding regarding my schedule. I am in my general neurology practice 3 days a week in my North York and Thornhill offices. I am in Mississauga two days a week seeing, among other things, a large migraine headache practice.

Submitted November 15, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Schiffer. She is a wonderful and compassionate Dr. she understands your needs and she is amazing at what she does. I lost confidence in myself after 40 and went thru some illness that changed the appearance of my face. She returned back my confidence in me again and she is worth every penny. M.B. I feel and look amazing because of her. Super friendly, super sweet and so are all the staff.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr. Laura Schiffer was very helpful and very easy to talk to. She explained everything I wanted to know about my condition.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I strongly feel that Dr. Laura Schiffer is the greatest Neurologist. She’s extremely bright, compassionate and caring person, and a truly competent doctor. I consider myself lucky to have met her. She is professional and makes a great influence in the health and well-being of her patients. That is extraordinary in today’s world. It’s actually all been mentioned in the other five star reviews. Dr. Schiffer is what I have hoped for in a Specialist practitioner. I’ve known her for several years now and has always provided the absolute best care, best advice and treatment during every visit and for every concern not only for myself but also for my son and family. Thank you Dr. Schiffer for everything you do for your patients. If you are looking for a doctor who’s medically highly competent, knowledgeable and thorough, who treats the whole individual, and takes the time to be compassionate and considerate, then Dr. Schiffer is the one you should consider seeing.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr Schiffer took the time to explain everything to me during a time when I thought the worst was happening to me. She was calming and wonderful and respectful. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Dr. Laura Schiffer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients