Ratings for Dr. Laura Schiffer

A very rude, dismissive, unpunctual and never available "doctor". I put doctor in quotes because other than pushing for Botox, she has absolutely no interest in your story. She does not listen, care or even look at you. She rarely works. Getting a hold of her is harder than meeting the Prime Minister. On the rare occasion you actually get to meet her, she's horribly condescending and dismissive. It's clear she wishes every patient could be sent on their way with a simple Botox injection and a cool stash of cash in her pocket for 5 minutes of work.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2019

Very seldom in life do we find caregivers, people who don’t even really know us too personally, who take the time to care for us at a level that goes above and beyond what is expected of them. Over the years I’ve often felt very alone as I’ve journeyed down this path of migraine pain...until Dr. Schiffer came into my life. I suffer from chronic migraines and have come to terms with the fact that at this point in my life it might not be so much about curing my migraines as it is reducing them as much as I can. Not only has Dr. Schiffer stood by my side with compassion, care, concern, she has also been at the forefront of helping me find new migraine treatments and alternatives, helping me find a regime that meets my unique and personal migraine needs. She has taken the time needed to understand the complexities of my situation and she has been a true gem. I feel very blessed to have her in my life. Thank you Dr. Schiffer for all you have done and all you continue to do for me!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2019

I have only known Dr Schiffer early this year and she has been a blessing in my life. The front desk staff are so nice. I have been a migraine sufferer for half of my life and got worse when I changed profession and started working in a lab on night shifts. My fam MD have prescribed me all the pills you can think of: from zomig, relpax, naproxen, propanolol, rizatriptan. Whenever i would wake up in the morning, migraine headaches will welcome me, and that's 30 times in a month, meaning everyday of my life. I would skip work most of the time, it was debilitating. Then she decided to refer me to Dr Schiffer. On my second visit with her (coz the first one was total assessment and discussion of my headaches), I had botox injections. And now, my migraine attacks went to 30 times a month to 3-4 times a month which is tolerable and I NEVER TOOK any meds, not even Advil or Tylenol. Now, my life is back to normal. No more calling in sick because of headaches, no more staying in bed in total darkness. THANK YOU DR. SCHIFFER. YOU ARE HEAVEN SENT.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2019

Dr. Schieffer is a pill pusher doctor who is overly opinionated and doesn't listen to her patients. Her wait times are beyond ridiculous the office never answers the phone .

flag | Submitted February 1, 2019

I have been seeing Dr. Laura Schiffer for several years now who is treating me with botox injections for hemifacial spasms. Prior to seeing her - life was pretty crazy. I was depressed due to the constant spasms on the left side of my face and didn't know where to turn. Then I found Dr. Schiffer online. Dr. Schiffer doesn't just treat you - she listens and she has a real conversation with you. When in doubt about something - her first instinct is "let's check this out further just to be sure". She's definitely my fave neurologist and her staff and team at the Mississauga Cosmetic Surgery & Laser Clinic are top notch and second to none. I haven't used any of their other broad spectrum of services but I do know where to go when I want to. Major kudos to this clinic and Dr. Schiffer who definitely helped increase my quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

Unless you are getting botox. This doctor seems like she doesnt care about you . Dismissed EVERYTHING . HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. dont even waste your time with her.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

Iwant to meet doctor neorology so can I give email and more information

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

Dear Dr. Schiffer, My name is Janelle and I am 32 years old. I recently found out that I have a cyst in the Pineal gland, and I was wondering if it is something to worry about. For the past 6 months I have been having constant headaches and weird sensations like warm water being poured down the back of my head. My family doctor who I have had for the last 29 years, informed me that it was migraines and then rebound headaches. As a person who gets migraines, I know the difference pain wise, and I informed my doctor that it wasn't that. My doctor advised that I didn't need an MRI done at the time, and he stated that I should stop taking regular pain medication such as Advil and let the pain subside on its own. The pain got worse, and I almost passed out at my mothers house due to the pain. It took for that to happen, for my doctor to decided that an MRI was needed and that is when I found out about the Pineal Gland Cyst. My main question, is it safe to keep the cyst there or would it need to be taken out or drained?

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

Dr Schiffer is a blessing...Migraine/daily headaches have been my norm since suffering a traumatic brain injury over three years ago. She listened to me and was thorough with her examination. Botox injection therapy was suggested and it has changed my life. The staff at her clinic have been very kind and supportive in my recovery...I am truly grateful 🙏

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Have now seen Dr. Schiffer twice regarding my migraine headaches, she is the most helpful and caring Doctor I have seen regarding this. Very knowledgeable and professional. I would highly recommend her. Thank you Dr. Schiffer.. Margaret R.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

Dr. Laura Schiffer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

MAMSI