Ratings for Dr. David J. Coppola

I would highly recommend Dr. Coppola. He is an outstanding surgeon. His staff is very kind, sensitive to your needs and always helpful.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I had a second surgery with Dr. David Coppola last month - first one was unrelated and performed about 15 years before. Both surgeries went very well with very fast and painless recoveries. Dr. Coppola explains everything to expect from the surgery very clearly and concisely prior to scheduling. He is caring and talented. I would strongly recommend his services to others.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Outstanding physician, caring, compassionate, and talented. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I loved Dr. Coppolas drive and passion for what he does. He saves people's lives, and helps people live.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

Dr. Coppola came in knew what was wrong right away and with in an hour had me into surgery. He even took the time to speak to my husband on my cell phone with him being away on business. Then he made sure that my son knew everything that was going on step by step in English. When the surgery was complete he spoke to my husband and son again to give them updates. I have had a very very bad experience at Portsmouth Hospital and prayed to god that everything would go well...Thank you so much Dr. Coppola and his staff..

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

THIS DOCTOR IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER BEEN TO MY FIVE DAY STAY TURNED OUT TO BE MORE THAN 40 DAYS CAUSE HE DID NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO ME HE SAID HE WENT TO SCHOOL FOR THIS LET HIM DO HIS JOB MY WIFE TOLD HIM SHE THINKS MY BOWEL TORE OPEN AFTER A BOWEL MOVEMENT I JUST HAD SURGEY ON MY BOWELS AND HE DID NOT GIVE ME ANY RESTRICTIONS ON MY DIET AFTER SEVERE PAIN AND STOMACH BLOATING FOR 6 DAYS HE THEN DID FURTHER TEST AND IT WAS LEAKING SO HE HAD TO CUT ME OPEN AGAIN ALSO HOSPTIAL NURSES WERE NOT TO BRIGHT NOTHING GOOD TO SAY EXCEPT BE CAREFUL CAUSE PATIENT ADVOCATE IS NOT THERE FOR YOU THEY ARE THERE TO PREVENT ANY LAW SUITS WE KNOW THIS CAUSE MY WIFE GOT A JOB THERE AND THATS WHAT MARY KRANTZ SAID WHILE GIVING HER SPEECH FOR NEW EMPLOYEES BEWARE OF WDH AND THERE DOCTORS GO TO LINDAB58 ON YOU TUBE AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF 6 DAYS AFTER COMPLAINING WITH SERVE PAIN

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

I am a 35 year old breast cancer survivor because of Dr. Coppola. I can not thank him enough for everything he did. He was a caring, compassionate doctor and would recommend him to anyone. Thank you again Dr Coppola for extending my life.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

Lovely Doctor! Dr. Coppola took very good care of me during my pre-op, operation and post-op. He answered my questions, called to check on me after I was sent home and was very caring. He's also very fast and efficient in the OR, took me in 15 minutes early and also helped my husband to understand what was going on with me. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

This doctor wasn't in with me 4 minutes when he told me that "we'll set you up for your colonoscopy. "Excuse me! I'm the type that dies on the operating table." He said, "The anesthtician will take care of that". I felt he was only interested in making money and I was nothing but a vehicle to get some. And, not only that,I investigated the solution to be used for this procedure. I called the nurse and told her to cancel the colonoscopy because the solution was poisonous. The nurse told me I had to drink a lot of water to flush it out of my body but some wouldn't be flushed out, but be absorbed." This is not what I want. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE LEAST.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2009

Dr. Coppola is a VERY CARING doctor. He REALLY LISTENS to you & is very thorough in his testing, etc.! VERY easy to talk with & doesn't rush you. Though appointments times can be off a bit :-), you have to understand he's a surgeon & he's oncall at times, it's worth waiting for him to care for you or a loved one! Just be patient with the staff & him because it will be worth the wait to get the WONDERFUL care you'll get.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2007

Dr. David J. Coppola's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal