Ratings for Dr. Ganesh Swamy

Not helpful at all have missed multiple days of work only to be treated as just another number and not as if I were an actual person who is in pain every day. No willingness to treat my scoliosis whatsoever!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Was on time for my appointment after waiting several months. After waiting 30 minutes, inquired how far behind was he running? His receptionist said he wasn't even there. Asked her to call him on his cell to find out when he'd be in. Her response was that she couldn't do that. So asked to speak with a director of care. After waiting another 30 minutes and no one showing up, left. Had to take the day off work to be there. Very ignorant! Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

dr swamy and his coiieague went above and beond to repair my back after a accident i had been Tboned two tears he repaired my neck and fused my lower back this got me walking normel again but after the accident i was in a lot of pain he and dr. nichols did a B M P -2 Infuse i am almoist normel today

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr Swamy himself is excellent (and his admin staff is improving!) Although he is often late for appointments, that is because he does not rush his previous patients . I would much rather have a doctor who takes the time to fully answer my questions than one who is looking at his watch. He is a skilled, caring and compassionate man who only takes the most complex cases. Calgary is lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Excellent Doctor! Horrible Support Staff, no return calls to referring doctor or patient. You never get to speak to the receptionist Amanda to make a follow up appointment. You are asked to leave your call back information on voicemail and are specifically told to leave only 1 message and wait for call back which is never received. If you are looking for a doctor that is good with time management and has a dependable support staff. This is not the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Dr.Swamp saved my life. He is the one Dr. To see and treat me as a person not another file #. I trust him with my life!!!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I just had on Jan 18 2015 Cervical Laminoplasty surgery on C3 thru to C7 couldn't be happier with the out come of my surgery...Thanks for giving my life back to me. Im 3 weeks post op and on no pain killers.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I am so grateful to Dr. Swamy. His skill is a product of years of education, training, dedication, passion - we are so lucky to have him working here in Alberta. To expect that a doctor can fix everything and or anything that goes wrong in your body is not reality. My life is mostly back to what is was before - except I have to take better care of how I use my back! If you need back surgery - do yourself a favour and see Dr. G. Swamy.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Doctors often forget that, when we see Drs, WE are paying THEM for their services and for their expertise. This is one of the problems with third party billing. If you were paying them directly, they would make sure you were satisfied so that they would get paid! Any unacceptable arrogance, behavior or attitude should be reported to "THE COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS OF ALBERTA". My daughter is a doctor and I do remind her of this, but she already knows - she was nurse, I am a nurse and my mother is also a nurse.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Dr Swamy is fantastic and I recommend him to anyone who asks me about my back surgery. He is kind and passionate about the work he does. He is honest in his evaluation of your condition and doesn't promise things he can't deliver. His surgical staff is equally good especially Dr. Brendan Sheehan. I thank Dr. Swamy from the bottom of my heart for giving me back my life and for ending that unbearable pain that I had lived with for years. Because of him I will live to see my grand-daughter grow up and that is a gift of unmeasurable value.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014