Dr. Anand Choubal

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anand Choubal

The only dentist I’m actually happy to go see. Now if you’re anything like me that’s saying a lot. For my entire life going to the dentists office, whether for a clean up or a tooth extraction, was an unpleasant ordeal. It’s just not a comfortable situation. Being prodded and probed, forcing your jaw wide open for tens of minutes at a time, bad news about your oral health that most dentists seem excited to charge you for. Sometimes it can even be straight up painful. I almost feel like Dr. Choubal saw all of these negative experiences that seem commonplace in many other dentistry offices and decided to do everything in his power to obsolesce them. It all starts with amazing receptionists that are incredibly well informed and accommodating to time and financial constraints. They really helped my wife and I get all of our dental work done in a very short period of time before we left on vacation, and helped us stack our benefits together to get the best deal possible and avoid paying almost anything. Then there are the dentists who are equally friendly and thorough in their cleaning and assessments. All normal procedures are easy-going and completely pain free, with a big emphasis on patient comfort. Finally, there is Dr. Choubal himself. If ever you have anything serious that needs t be done inside your mouth, this is the guy you want in front of you. He is very calm, always smiling, and genuinely listens to the patient’s needs and concerns. If you have any doubts or questions he is always willing to explain things through and to help give a better understanding of the procedure. He doesn’t try to push anyone or sell anything. It’s a great feeling. Furthermore, Dr. Choubal seems to constantly be learning to better serve his clients. He offers Platelet Rich Fibrin injections to help speed recovery and reduce pain, tries to prevent rather than treat to avoid unnecessary future procedure, and even has a trans-cranial electrotherapy stimulation device that generate alpha brainwaves to calm and relax patients who might be anxious or nervous. His mission statement is: "It is our mission to truly connect with our patients, provide a clear understanding of dentistry as it relates to them and deliver dental care in the kindest and most technically correct manner." I believe this to be an understatement. The best dentist in the country (I'm almost certain of it). I wish my doctor was like him!!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Dr. Anand Choubal is the most gentle dentist that I have ever experienced!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2019

I worked as a temporary employee with Dr. Choubal. Overall it was an enjoyable day. Dr. Choubal focuses on patients best interests when recommending necessary treatments. He is truly putting the patients' comfort and quality of his work first. He is not afraid of letting the patients know that there are limitations with his skills when it comes referring patients to specialists for the best outcomes. I highly recommend considering Dr. Choubal as your dentist if you are seeking for the best.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2018

Pick this Dentist! I have severe dental trauma issues from my childhood and Dr. Choubal is the only dentist I'll see. Not only is he wonderful in his dental work, he is caring, thoughtful, present, supportive and extremely personable. If I ever move away from Banff, I'll literally fly back here to see him and his team. You know that feeling you get with most dentists? That uber creepy feeling... You won't have it with him. He asked me how I was doing frequently throughout my dental work. He's smart. He's funny. The rest of the staff are wonderful as well. I had pain in my teeth that 3 other dentists couldn't figure out over the past 10 years and Dr. Choubal fixed it! I couldn't eat on the left side of my mouth and now I can. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Choubal. Go see him, whatever your issue, you'll be happy you did.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

I have been extremely impressed by Dr Choubal and the rest of the Rocky Mountain dental surgery. I initially came in for a quick check up and a clean. The clean was very thoroughly and professionally done and my teeth have never looked better. We had to schedule in an extra appointment but it was worth it for my now pristine teeth. In the checkup a series of x-rays were taken and Dr Choubal talked me through some worries he had with the way my wisdom teeth were growing in and the possibility that their roots may be intertwined with nerves in my jaw - something that would make extraction more difficult. He suggested I come in again for a full 3D scan to confirm the problem. The 3D scan did confirm the problem and Dr Choubal talked me through the options I now have for removal. A regular extraction would still be possible but with increased risk of weeks/months of numbness. Instead he advised a Coronectomy. Even though it would not be possible for me to have this process done by Dr Choubal he was very patient in explaining it to me and has even given me a copy of the scan so that I can have it done when I move to England in a couple of months. Similarly, I had some questions about the slight misalignment of my front teeth. Dr Choubal talked me through the options and together we arrived at the decision to do nothing for now, and watch how the problem developed. It's refreshing to talk to a health care professional who has ample time, infinite patience and no desire to push treatments and procedures on you which may not be right. I felt he genuinely found the best solution for me, rather than the one that was quickest or most profitable for the company. Many thanks!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

omg staff is terrible! rude front desk older woman

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

Dr. Anand Choubal

Dr. Anand Choubal's response
I am so sorry you feel like you were treated in a rude manner. We are highly focused on providing extremely positive patient experiences. Please accept my sincere apology, and if you would like to discuss your experience further please contact me at: drchoubal@rockymountaindental.ca Sincerely, Dr Anand Choubal

Submitted July 19, 2018

"Not just any ordinary Dentist" My experience with Rocky Mountain Dental was unlike any other dentist. I came in for a regular check up and cleaning. Dr. Choubal also had me fill out a questionnaire. The questionnaire addressed current health in regards to physical, mental and emotional health. After I had finished, Dr. Choubal suggested alternative medical techniques to help with my headaches/migraines, neck/back aches, stomach problems, anxiety, hearing loss and insomnia. He explained that this could very well be linked to my nervous system. Dr. Choubal introduced me to a device called Alpha Stim. Alpha Stim treats anxiety, pain management, and/or insomnia with microcurrent using a method called cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES). The treatment is very simple and FREE. I gave it a try. I went for everyday for a week. Within my week, I had noticed a HUGE improvement to my life. I could sleep SOUNDLY every night. I noticed my anxiety had decreased, I felt a sense of calmness throughout my days. For the week I hadn't one headache/migraine. Lastly, my hearing had improved!! This device is available to anyone. If you can relate to any of these conditions, I highly recommend giving Dr. Choubal's office a call to inquire. Again it is free of charge. All Dr. Choubal and his staff are very friendly, experienced and informative. They offer options and make sure you are comfortable. You are well taken care of in this Clinic.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

Going to Dr. Choubal for a problematic wisdom tooth was the best desition I could have made. I had a partially covered wisdom tooth that was giving the rest of the right side of my mouth an infection. I went to see Dr. Choubal and he told me it was a fairly simple extraction so I told him to go ahead with it, now. From what I have heard about wisdom tooth extractions it was going to put me in a lot of pain and unable to do a lot of things for a few weeks. I was nervous but the staff and Dr. Choubal made me feel so calm about the whole thing that I almost fell asleep during the in chair extraction. 20 minutes later I left pain free and stayed pain free! After 2 days the very minimal swelling I had went down and within 5 days I was eating completely solid foods. Thanks to his efforts to speed up healing by using newer technology and telling me about a new study on the speeding up of healing by simply drinking tomatoe and orange juice I was with out pain, sleeping properly, eating solid foods quickly and most importantly snowboarding again after 2 weeks. I would recommend Dr. Choubal and his staff to any one without question!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Well my experience with Dr. Choubal was definitely one of a kind. After getting 1.5 teeth knocked out from a disc golf incident, I was on the fast track to a tooth extraction, root canal, crown, bone graft, and then the grand finale - my implant! I can religiously say, third time is a charm! After running into crucial medical issues every try (spanning over a year) we finally got the implant in! Each time, the office was patient and considerate with the frustrating delays we had to face. Nonetheless, after about a year of constant appointments and check ups I feel very grateful with my experience at the office of Dr. Choubal. MY SMILE IS BACK!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

I recently fell over and broke my tooth in half, Dr. Choubal and his assistent helped me through this in a very gentle and professional way. I managed to find the tooth after the fall and I stored it in milk until I got to the clinic. According to Dr. Choubal, keeping it hydrated as I did was essential for him being able to put my actual tooth back. I went there with the hope of getting a temporary fix while instead Dr. Choubal restored my tooth permanently in a quick and yet very professional manner. I would highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Dr. Anand Choubal's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Anand Choubal is a second generation Dentist and originally from Saskatoon SK. There, his Mother started mentoring him in her Dental Office from the age of seven. After graduating from the University of Saskatchewan in 2003, Dr. Choubal was a clinical instructor at the College of Dentistry and worked in private practice. In 2006 he relocated to Banff, AB to combine his passions for Dentistry and the Great Outdoors. Since then, he has been very active with continuing education and a commitment to perpetual learning. Dr. Choubal is ACLS certified and accredited by the Alberta Dental Association to provide IV sedation. "It is my mission to truly connect with my patients, provide a clear understanding of dentistry as it relates to them and deliver dentistry in the kindest and most technically correct manner."

• French
  • Filipino

• University of Saskatchewan (Grad. 2003)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 2006)

• Dental implant surgery