World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Teddy Chung

My kids and I have been going to Dr Teddy's office since 2002. He is always friendly and very knowledgeable.. I trust him completely with our eye care!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I visited Dr. Chung for the first time and had a great experience! His front desk staff were helpful and friendly, the appointment was comfortable and Dr Chung walked me through the reasons I was having issues with my sight. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

AWESOME EXPERIENCE AND STAFF! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I have never felt inclined to write a review of a health practitioner in the past, but my experience with Dr. Chung and Wink Eyecare was so positive, I felt compelled to post. The staff members were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I did not feel pressured to purchase glasses. They assisted with my insurance questions and answered my questions with useful information. Dr. Chung was AMAZING! He was personable, answered all of my questions and for the first time in my life's "vision journey," I left feeling very informed about the ins-and-outs of an eye exam and my personal eye health. I really appreciated Dr. Chung explaining all of the various testing and letting me know what to expect throughout the exam. Thanks Dr. Chung & Staff - awesome job! I've already started recommending you. :)

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr Chung is nice and helpful. Ive been going to this doctor for about 4 years but my first time to the new clinic. The visit went well, only thing was the staff try to push you to buy your glasses there.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
Thanks for your feedback. Our staff is not on commission and we have no sales targets. Our only goal is to make every patient feel cared for. I'm so sorry if this came off as pushy. We have raised your concerns at our staff meeting.

Submitted September 12, 2017

In all the years I have seen Dr. Chung for my annual checkup I have never had a negative experience. He is very professional, informative and punctual. His new location is excellent and his staff courteous and friendly.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
Thank you for the positive feedback. We aim to please!

Submitted September 12, 2017

I'm surprised to read some negative comments. We've started seeing Dr. Chung for my daughter and each time we visited, Dr. Chung has been professional and helpful. I was quite impressed with his exceptional communication skills and his effective way of explaining things, which I find less common when dealing with other Optometrist. So far, we have purchased two pairs of glasses for each of my kids and I have found the staff extremely patient and helpful. I'm quite impressed so far.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoy explaining and educating patients about their eyes. Glad to hear that our staff is patient and helpful.

Submitted September 12, 2017

I'm very disappointed with my latest visit to Dr.Chung office. I was given the wrong prescription for my glasses, which also had to be redone at his office twice. I was shocked to see how fast his service has become as there was no time for questions. When it came to selecting my glasses, the lady and gentlemen in charge of helping me seem to ignore my budget and were very pushy on the most expensive items. Overall I found this recent experience a huge inconvenience. I'm sorry to say I won't be returning.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I would love to speak to you to see if there is anything I can do to improve the situation. Please feel free to contact me directly at the office. Please know that our staff is non-commissioned and we have no sales targets; their only goal is to provide you with the best of care. I have brought up your concerns at our last staff meeting.

Submitted September 12, 2017

My son has been a patient of Dr. Chung for some years. He initially helped improve my sons' vision until he reached the age of 8. Three years later, we returned by his doctor's referral because my son's vision has declined. Since Dr. Chung didn't recognize son, he didn't approach his case with the same insight or care he used to have, I feel as if we were treated hastily, condescendingly and like total strangers. Unfortunately, my son went with my husband instead of myself, because I would've pointed it out. I was extremely disappointed with the doctor I used to trust.

Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
We are very sorry about your experience. Your son was a patient of mine 6 years ago. Since then, he has been under the care of my associate, Dr. Miranda Ho. I sincerely apologize for the lack in continuity; Dr. Ho has been on maternity leave and is back to work this month. - Dr. Chung

Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Chung is so friendly and lovely. It is a stark contrast to his unfriendly receptionist who has an attitude and no patience for kids.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed to learn that my staff did not treat you with the respect and kindness that you deserve. I have had a staff meeting and assure you that this will not happen again. I would love to make it up to you or at least apologize directly. Please email me at info@winkeyecare.ca to give me the opportunity to improve this situation. - Dr. Chung

Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr Chung is great. Front desk staff are rude and impolite, like being their is an inconvenience for them.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
I value each and every patient and appreciate your comments. I'm so sorry that you did not have a positive experience with my staff. Please be assured that I have had a staff meeting and your concerns have been clearly communicated. I would love to make it up to you or at least apologize directly. Please email me at info@winkeyecare.ca to give me the opportunity to improve this situation. - Dr. Chung

Submitted April 4, 2017