Ratings for Dr. Teddy Chung

I'm surprised to read some negative comments. We've started seeing Dr. Chung for my daughter and each time we visited, Dr. Chung has been professional and helpful. I was quite impressed with his exceptional communication skills and his effective way of explaining things, which I find less common when dealing with other Optometrist. So far, we have purchased two pairs of glasses for each of my kids and I have found the staff extremely patient and helpful. I'm quite impressed so far.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I'm very disappointed with my latest visit to Dr.Chung office. I was given the wrong prescription for my glasses, which also had to be redone at his office twice. I was shocked to see how fast his service has become as there was no time for questions. When it came to selecting my glasses, the lady and gentlemen in charge of helping me seem to ignore my budget and were very pushy on the most expensive items. Overall I found this recent experience a huge inconvenience. I'm sorry to say I won't be returning.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

My son has been a patient of Dr. Chung for some years. He initially helped improve my sons' vision until he reached the age of 8. Three years later, we returned by his doctor's referral because my son's vision has declined. Since Dr. Chung didn't recognize son, he didn't approach his case with the same insight or care he used to have, I feel as if we were treated hastily, condescendingly and like total strangers. Unfortunately, my son went with my husband instead of myself, because I would've pointed it out. I was extremely disappointed with the doctor I used to trust.

Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
We are very sorry about your experience. Your son was a patient of mine 6 years ago. Since then, he has been under the care of my associate, Dr. Miranda Ho. I sincerely apologize for the lack in continuity; Dr. Ho has been on maternity leave and is back to work this month. - Dr. Chung

Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Chung is so friendly and lovely. It is a stark contrast to his unfriendly receptionist who has an attitude and no patience for kids.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed to learn that my staff did not treat you with the respect and kindness that you deserve. I have had a staff meeting and assure you that this will not happen again. I would love to make it up to you or at least apologize directly. Please email me at info@winkeyecare.ca to give me the opportunity to improve this situation. - Dr. Chung

Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr Chung is great. Front desk staff are rude and impolite, like being their is an inconvenience for them.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Teddy Chung's response
I value each and every patient and appreciate your comments. I'm so sorry that you did not have a positive experience with my staff. Please be assured that I have had a staff meeting and your concerns have been clearly communicated. I would love to make it up to you or at least apologize directly. Please email me at info@winkeyecare.ca to give me the opportunity to improve this situation. - Dr. Chung

Submitted April 4, 2017

My family has been seeing Dr. Chung and his staff for 6 years. They are friendly and fantastic!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I've been having trouble with my glasses and was finally referred to Dr. Chung by a local optician who said Dr. Chung is the best in the business. I was hesitant to switch optometrists again and pay for another eye exam but I'm so glad I did. My eyesight has never been better. He listened to my issues and identified the problem that seemed to elude all my other eye doctors. So I can honestly say they're right - he has certainly earned his reputation as the best in the business.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I have every confidence in Dr Chung. He is very knowledgeable and has a great manor about him. So personable.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Been a patient for the past 5 years and have not complains. He is professional, knowledgeable and is always willing to tell you what he is doing and the results of his exam and always willing to answer any questions that you have.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Receptionist has a curt manner and was impolite. Dr Chung is professional and attentive to his patients.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015