You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Roger Gafur

I have always found Dr Gafur to be genuine.. He legitimately seems to care about my eyes and my well being. He also has a gentle and familiar tone. He always asks me about my children and how I am doing in general. Each visit is like visiting an old friend for a chat and checkup. Over the years I have almost started looking at him as another member of my family that I see once a year.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

He was on time, efficient, very helpful and patient!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

His office is very high tech. I had benefits to use up so I figured why not. He noticed I had some risk factors so he ran some high tech tests which came out negative. Great peace of mind and better yet, I did not have to pull out my wallet because the office direct billed to my health insurance.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

I have always found Dr. Gafur to be honest and sincere. I have never felt like he was "trying to sell me something". You can tell by his tone that he sincerely believes in the advice he gives. I look forward to him being my eye doctor for many more years.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Great doc. Very thorough and I would highly recommend him. Lots of tech.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Thoroughly impressed with the office and the Dr. I was informed about everything along the way and was made to feel comfortable. The Dr's "bedside manner" was excellent. He was approachable and not egotistical. There was good conversation to talk me off the ledge and lots of smiles. The explanations were at a reasonable level so anyone can understand. There were no assumptions about what I knew vs. what I didn't. I have a mild prescription but was talked out of getting glasses as they weren't yet necessary. This was an opportunity to make more money from me but instead it was about patient care and quality. The visit price was higher than most but it was well worth it!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Quick appointment, I felt so rushed I forgot to ask a few questions that I had in mind. The doctor has great reviews, and he seems like a great guy, but honestly, he could have taken a bit more time to listen to my concerns.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I had an issue with my eye and was referred to see him from a walk-in clinic. He made room to squeeze me in that day and did a very detailed exam, did not rush at all. I felt as though he wasn't cutting any corners and was exploring all possibilities. He gave me a recommendation for the weekend and booked me in to be seen again 4 days later for a follow-up. After that I didn't feel improvement in my condition and he then referred me to an ophthalmologist. He went above and beyond in finding out what was going on and did it all so quickly and thoughtfully. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr. Roger Gafur's Credentials

MSP/BC Med
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have always found Dr Gafur to be genuine.. He legitimately seems to care about my eyes and my well being. He also has a gentle and familiar tone. He always..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was on time, efficient, very helpful and patient!"

March 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "His office is very high tech. I had benefits to use up so I figured why not. He noticed I had some risk factors so he ran some high tech tests which came out ..."

March 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Every visit is a pleasure. Pleasant conversation and great advice on each visit. "

March 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have always found Dr. Gafur to be honest and sincere. I have never felt like he was "trying to sell me something". You can tell by his tone that he sincerel..."

February 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doc. Very thorough and I would highly recommend him. Lots of tech."

January 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very impressed witht he equipment and detailing Roger provided for my eye exam. Highly recommend this clinic for anyone requiring an exam. "

January 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thoroughly impressed with the office and the Dr. I was informed about everything along the way and was made to feel comfortable. The Dr's "bedside manner" wa..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Quick appointment, I felt so rushed I forgot to ask a few questions that I had in mind. The doctor has great reviews, and he seems like a great guy, but honestl..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had an issue with my eye and was referred to see him from a walk-in clinic. He made room to squeeze me in that day and did a very detailed exam, did not rush..."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr Gafur yesterday for treatment of my poor irritated eyes. They feel great today with the drops he prescribed. Thanks doc"

September 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First visit with this doctor. He was very pleasant. Exam was quite detailed. I would recommend him."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doc. I have been seeing him for six years and highly recommend him. TT"

August 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I called Dr Gafur's office because I had some flashes of light in my vision. He was fully booked when I called. I received a call a short time later from the ..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gafur is awesome. Had a walk-in appointment to address some particulate trapped in my eye which he easily addressed, booked a follow-up to make sure and mad..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very happy with his service and knowledge. He has no issue referring you to a specialist of deemed necessary. "

July 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Efficient, caring and funny too! Dr. Gafur is a great optometrist! "

June 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gafur is my most trusted health care professional. The opticians and the rest of the staff are fantastic as well. "

May 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gafur is a great optometrist. He took the time to explain the issues with my eye and it got better in no time."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Solid doc. Runs on time and is very thorough. They also did a great job on my glasses"

April 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel extremely confident in Dr. Gafur assessments. I have been seeing him for several years now and see no reason to leave. "

April 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very kind doctor. He was meticulous in trying to solve my eye problems and I appreciate his thoroughness."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gafur is very congenial and caring. 5 stars for the exam. I would only recommend being a bit more punctual, since I had to reschedule another appointment be..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "An excellent doc. Thorough, honest and efficient. I have never had to wait at any of my appointments. A patient for12 years."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Gafur for 15 years of great service. The clinic is very high tech, modern and clean and I would recommend them to anyone"

April 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Cannot say enough good things about this doc. I would highly recommend him."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doc saw me promptly. The appointment was very informative. He is great doc. I would trust him with my eyes anytime."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor. I have seen him for 17 years and he has taken great care of my eyes over the years. I would not go anywhere else. "

April 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fabulous Doctor, knows his stuff, patient, likeable, like a trusted family friend."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful doctor. Very patient and conscientious. Always takes time to answer questions and address concerns. Lovely practitioner. Worth the trip downtown. ..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was shopping for glasses on Robson street and one of the stores recommended this doctor to me months ago. I went to my family doctor last month- Dr Michael L..."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "He was highly recommended, but appointment time swished in and out with a bedside manner that left something to be desired. I wouldn't go back. "

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very detail oriented doctor. he picked up a small hole in my eye and sent me off for treatment. I received immediate laser treatment which saved my vision. I..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am very thankful to Dr Gafur. I had red and irritated eyes for the last two months. He got me on some eye medicine and after two months of discomfort, my e..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would highly recommend this doctor. He is thorough and I see great out of my new glasses."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Gafur for over 8 years. I trust him completely. He has always been straightforward with me regarding my visual needs. He tells me what ..."

December 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doc. very informative and sharp. I was seen promptly and treated respectfully. I will definitely be back"

December 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I visited this doctor based on the reviews I read here. He lived up to billing. I have now gotten a dentist, family doctor and optometrist from this site. ni..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw this doctor for my regular two year exam. I have been seeing him for 8 years. I was expecting another routine visit. But this week he found a film on t..."

November 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Gafur based on a recommendation of a coworker. It was my first visit. It was the most thorough eye exam I have ever had and he even took time to answ..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Fastest eye exam ever. I should have 'moonwalked' my way to the exam chair, to be already facing the door. I have had a retinal tear in the past and he did not ..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gafur is outstanding in every way. He is proficient and professional, friendly and helpful, quick and efficient. I know I can count on him to explain things ..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very kind doctor. The exam was very thorough. I will definitely be back"

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very nice doctor. He saw me on time which was unexpected at a doctor's office. He explained my eye situation to me and set up a referral to a specialist for ..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gafur, it a very professional, knowledgable and caring optometrist. I am lucky to have had him as my doctor for as long as I have. He is highly recommended."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is very nice and professional doctor, and I missed the appointment. He called me back and asked me how I was doing with my eyes. Definitely a caring doctor"

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Gafur for 12 years. He is prompt and professional. He has always taken the time to answer my questions and I would recommend him to any..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Went to visit him, and he told me that my eye either is allergic to something or I got the thyroid eye disease. I was really nervous and quickly went to see my ..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A great clinic, very friendly and helpful staff, and Dr. Gafur always is a pleasure to visit. knowledgeable, factual and trustworthy."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Roger was extremely helpful while not taking too long to assess my vision. It was the first time that I had a large photograph of my eye which made me feel that..."

September 16, 2014