Ratings for Dr. Tony Giantomaso

Dr. Giantomaso is fantastic! He is polite and and listens carefully, only interjecting when he needs clarification or has a question. He is very up to date in his treatments and modalities and takes a big picture view of your health and pain. Unlike some in this field he doesn't insist that every pain problem is caused by deconditioning or weakness. He provides good follow-up care after a procedure and went the extra mile in getting me seen by a colleague of his, Dr. Burnham. If it weren't for his office help he would get a perfect review. His receptionist is cold, grumpy, non-communicative, and sometimes downright rude. She seems to have contempt/disdain for the patients who come to see Dr. Giantomaso. Never once seen her smile.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Always found dr Giantomaso to be honest and forthright. Recommended good therapists and injections that are doing the trick so far. He also doesn't make you come in for refills and fills them with your pharmacist which has saved me time in the past for sure.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

His punctuality is excellent. That's about it though. He rushes through appointments. Seems like he books each patient for 3 minutes. He doesn't care about you! He's extremely arrogant! After seeing him for 6 years and having zero relief I finally found a new family doctor who listened and sent me for extra tests that Dr. Giantomoso wouldn't do and got a real diagnosis. Get a second opinion if he tells you "this is how it is, you'llbe in pain your whole life!".

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

After my doctor ran out of ideas about my back pain I was sent to Dr. Giantomaso. He figured out that my facet joints were the problem and now I get regular injections and am working with a physio on core strength. The worst part was that there are very few doctors for back pain in Calgary and I had to wait almost a year to get there.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr. Giantomaso has helped me with my neck pain for years. His clinic and secretary are very nice and helpful. I just have to see him a few times a year now and everything is on track for th future

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Love Dr. G! I've seen many doctors for my pain but he tried everything but the kitchen sink. Ended up needed a nerve burning but it worked great. Dr. G is blunt and straight forward which I like. He used to be on time but now hes so busy I wait more often, but not a huge deal.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I absolutely love him! Seeing him for 8 years, knows my problems looks at his screen to see last appt treatments! A true gentleman!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

He was very honest about my prospects for surgery or recovery, which was nice for a change. Offered me medications and recommended exercise. Otherwise couldn't offer me much else, but was thorough and friendly.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Highly recommended. Dr Giantomaso was the only doctor that gave me free samples after I lost my benefits. He has never charged me for a doctors note. I was referred to other doctors when I needed it and ordered many tests to make sure I didn't have worse arthritis. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Helped my husbands shoulder pain a lot. He wasn't sleeping and couldn't lift groceries or do much st all with his left arm. Dr g ordered MRIs and now we are waiting to see a surgeon. The injections dr g does in his office have controlled most of the pain but we hope the surgery will fix the problem for good.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017