Ratings for Dr. Gregory Monkewich

He's wonderful...has never had any problems ..would recommended him ...does a great job

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I met Dr.Monkewich on March/18/2016 because of my brother-in-law who came here as emergency and more session after that. I am eager to express how grateful we are to have a doctor with the kind manor, patience, sense of humour, professionalism and gifted and artistic skill that he has been blessed with. His dedication to his career and his patients is evident. I'm sure he has heard it all many times, but it warrants repeating that his talents are a gift to all like my brother-in-law to have been fortunate enough to have him as his doctor. Absolutely, there is no word that we can thank him enough for all he did for him. His wonderful job along with his being are priceless because what he did was a miracle to have my brother-in-law back. God Bless Him

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I met Dr. Monkewich for the first time at Lion's Gate Hospital today. He was covering for a North Vancouver doctor who was off this week. He looked after my Mom today on an urgent basis, and I thought he was excellent. I haven't yet had to call his office for a follow-up appointment for my Mom - but will need to do so in the next day or so. The thing I wanted to mention is that in my experience, the better the doctor - the harder it is to get in touch with them. You will have to put up with leaving a message and wait for a phone call back from a receptionist, nurse or assistant. You will also have to wait at your appointments or even surgeries - especially if you are being squeezed in on an urgent basis. I take this as a sign that you're in good hands. It's true! In my experience, Dr. Monkewich has a lot of skill, is good at explaining things and gets things done. He is knowledgeable, skilled and experienced. He will also also ask you if you have any questions after explaining what his treatment plan is for you. The procedure he did for my Mom today was complicated - and Dr. Monkewich is good at it. Dr. Monkewich is also very responsive. When it's truly urgent, he's there. I am so glad he was there for my Mom today. Yes, the surgery was late - but the thing is? It gone done, and it got done well. I think he's a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Doesn't explain anything. Sent me for tests but the office ran out of paper and couldn't find where they store the stock so I couldn't even get the test requisition! Said they would mail it but never did. Doesn't take the time to explain anything unless you get pushy and demand answers, then suddenly his attitude changes.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

He was dinking a Starbucks coffee in the procedure room both times he did my endoscopy. Seems unsanitary. Wrote my diagnosis on my discharge paper with no information about what it was and what I needed to do.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Dr. Monkewich does not appear to be a caring doctor, his staff in his office also not so helpful. He changed the instruction last minute and the written instructions arrived the day of the procedure. It's a 15 minute procedure and he was over half an hour ate. No explanations nor apology.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Very good co-ordination with my GP . I had a colonoscopy which determined that I have IBS consultation went well.He made suggestion on medications and lifestyle changes,Very knowledgeable.He is very busy and I felt he gave me adequate time and compassion with regards to my condition.The hospital visit was like any hospital lots of people .The nurse informed me before the procedure that he would see me after if there were polyps.There were none rather glad I didn't see him right after.Completed follow up at his office no complaints one time and listened

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Absolutely terrible service. Cancelled my first appointment, which was on a Sat, because of a "family emergency." On my first appt with him, there was no staff there, so a bunch of patients sat around wondering what was going on and I finally saw the doctor an hour late. He was no help. Ordered more blood tests that I had just done a week previous for another doctor, but wanted his own (?!). Cancelled my endoscopy and rescheduled, only to call back an hour later and try to change it back to the other time because the emergency case wanted my later date instead (how does that make sense? If it is an emergency, why do they get to pick and choose among many dates spanning weeks?). Then called three days before the appt to cancel again and reschedule for three months away! I told them I wouldn't be seeing this doctor ever again and would get a different referral from my doctor. What an abysmal doctor and office! I am affronted that he ever got paid through health insurance for the paltry 5 minutes he spent with me.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Absolute joke. Waited almost 2 hours and everyone else with later appointments went before me. Terrible service for a doctor who isn't special at all.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

This was the most unpleasant experience I have ever had with a doctor. I waited 1.5 hours in the waiting room discovering that I was booked at the same appointment time as at least one other person. When I finally got to see the doctor I was in his presence for less than 2 minutes. I got the impression he had not even reviewed the colonoscopy results that had been sent to him from my other doctor indicating he wanted to do another one himself. He was completely unprepared for my appointment and took absolutely no time in discussing anything with me. My suggestion if you are referred to Dr. Monkewich, ask for another referral!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015