You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gregory Monkewich

Doesn't explain anything. Sent me for tests but the office ran out of paper and couldn't find where they store the stock so I couldn't even get the test requisition! Said they would mail it but never did. Doesn't take the time to explain anything unless you get pushy and demand answers, then suddenly his attitude changes.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

He was dinking a Starbucks coffee in the procedure room both times he did my endoscopy. Seems unsanitary. Wrote my diagnosis on my discharge paper with no information about what it was and what I needed to do.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Dr. Monkewich does not appear to be a caring doctor, his staff in his office also not so helpful. He changed the instruction last minute and the written instructions arrived the day of the procedure. It's a 15 minute procedure and he was over half an hour ate. No explanations nor apology.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Very good co-ordination with my GP . I had a colonoscopy which determined that I have IBS consultation went well.He made suggestion on medications and lifestyle changes,Very knowledgeable.He is very busy and I felt he gave me adequate time and compassion with regards to my condition.The hospital visit was like any hospital lots of people .The nurse informed me before the procedure that he would see me after if there were polyps.There were none rather glad I didn't see him right after.Completed follow up at his office no complaints one time and listened

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Absolutely terrible service. Cancelled my first appointment, which was on a Sat, because of a "family emergency." On my first appt with him, there was no staff there, so a bunch of patients sat around wondering what was going on and I finally saw the doctor an hour late. He was no help. Ordered more blood tests that I had just done a week previous for another doctor, but wanted his own (?!). Cancelled my endoscopy and rescheduled, only to call back an hour later and try to change it back to the other time because the emergency case wanted my later date instead (how does that make sense? If it is an emergency, why do they get to pick and choose among many dates spanning weeks?). Then called three days before the appt to cancel again and reschedule for three months away! I told them I wouldn't be seeing this doctor ever again and would get a different referral from my doctor. What an abysmal doctor and office! I am affronted that he ever got paid through health insurance for the paltry 5 minutes he spent with me.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

This was the most unpleasant experience I have ever had with a doctor. I waited 1.5 hours in the waiting room discovering that I was booked at the same appointment time as at least one other person. When I finally got to see the doctor I was in his presence for less than 2 minutes. I got the impression he had not even reviewed the colonoscopy results that had been sent to him from my other doctor indicating he wanted to do another one himself. He was completely unprepared for my appointment and took absolutely no time in discussing anything with me. My suggestion if you are referred to Dr. Monkewich, ask for another referral!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

My wife had an appointment for 4:15 on Thursday, December 4, 2014. The waiting room was like a sardine can. There was at least 4 people ahead of her appointment time and after waiting 25 minutes, we decided to leave. My experience is that they don't return phonecalls promptly if at all. A call to a cellphone from the office was placed at 8:30 am with no message left. I think there needs to be a huge improvement on handling telephone calls. I chose not to rate this Doctor as we didn't get the chance to see him, before leaving in absolute disgust. I voiced my opinion to the almost full waiting room about scheduling. I wouldn't want to encounter this nightmare appointment ever again.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Same experience like this person mentioned in their review Initially I was very pleased with Dr. Monkewich. He took time and effort to actually do a consultation and exam. However, on subsequent visits, he didn't offer me any advice on what to do, when to come back or any other sort of recommendation(other than to avoid coffee)& continue to take the expensive medication for the rest of my life that did not even help in the least.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Gregory Monkewich's Credentials

AHC
MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Doesn't explain anything. Sent me for tests but the office ran out of paper and couldn't find where they store the stock so I couldn't even get the test requisi..."

January 30, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "He was dinking a Starbucks coffee in the procedure room both times he did my endoscopy. Seems unsanitary. Wrote my diagnosis on my discharge paper with no infor..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Monkewich does not appear to be a caring doctor, his staff in his office also not so helpful. He changed the instruction last minute and the written instru..."

November 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very good co-ordination with my GP . I had a colonoscopy which determined that I have IBS consultation went well.He made suggestion on medications and lifesty..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely terrible service. Cancelled my first appointment, which was on a Sat, because of a "family emergency." On my first appt with him, there was no staff ..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolute joke. Waited almost 2 hours and everyone else with later appointments went before me. Terrible service for a doctor who isn't special at all. "

May 6, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This was the most unpleasant experience I have ever had with a doctor. I waited 1.5 hours in the waiting room discovering that I was booked at the same appoint..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Waited 2 months for the appointment , and on the day of my scheduled appointment they somehow postponed again. Would not recommend this doctor!"

February 20, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "My wife had an appointment for 4:15 on Thursday, December 4, 2014. The waiting room was like a sardine can. There was at least 4 people ahead of her appointme..."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Same experience like this person mentioned in their review Initially I was very pleased with Dr. Monkewich. He took time and effort to actually do a consultatio..."

October 16, 2014