Ratings for Dr. R. Kevin Lenahan

I agree with with all the comments about the unprofessional, slow and sloppy staff in the Lawrence office. The doctors themselves are efficient and knowledgeable. Also there is always a mildew odor in the office.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

My experience at this office was horrible. We live about 1 hour and 15mins away and more than once we got a phone call from their office on our drive there asking if we could cancel our appointment for that day to another day and I would tell them no because we were already half way their and I wasn't turning back. They then didn't know what to say cause they were either over booked or the doctor that we were scheduled to see wasn't going to be in the office. Then when we ordered glasses from their office we were told that the glasses had a one year warranty when in fact they only had a ONE time replacement year warranty which was not explained to us when we bought the glasses. The customer service there was horrible. They lack good communication. When we called to talk with someone in the office, if they were not their and we had to leave a message with them to call us back we would never get a call back. When we were having trouble with getting our son's glasses repaired we asked to talk with Dr. Lenahan directly and he would never call us back. After waiting a week and a half for him to call us after we have tried to reach him several times and were always told that he would call us back we decided to change to a different doctor who would maybe care about his patients a little more than that! We will never do business with his office again! Would not recommend them to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

My experience at this office was awesome. I am new to the area and needed an eye doctor. They had a great selections of frames and sunglasses. The staff was very friendly and polite. Dr. Weeden was very professional and took the time to answers my questions. I will be going back for sure.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

I do not recommend this office. Dr. Lenahan is ok as far as that goes. He's nice, shows interest and seems adequate. His office and billing staff in Topeka lacks good communication. I had to call many times to ask about my contacts and sometimes they wanted to help but it wasn't their particular job. Other times they were not so nice. One time I was told I didn't owe anything, two months later I was told I did owe something. They seem to make up their prices as they go along. The contact lens fitting fee started at $30 - then it raised to $65 because I had a specialty lens. All the doctor did was copy down my prescription I took in with me from my last doctor. My husband had a bad experience with them also. He asked at least twice for a copy of his contact prescription and they keep sending him his glasses prescription.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

I was told that my new bifocals would be available in 5-7 days. I had to call 5 times over the next month and the person who placed the order had my name wrong on the forms, which delayed my insurance paying the bill. (VSP) I likes Dr Weedin, but the office staff could care less as to what is going on.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr. Lenahan himself is very nice, but the staff is terrible. I have never NOT had a problem with my order. They give an estimate of 1 week before my contacts are ready to be picked up, and I have never gotten them sooner than 3 or 4 weeks. They have forgotten to place my order twice, and then lied saying the contacts were "back ordered" before finally fessing up. They have also ordered my contacts without prescription before! As in, contacts that do not help me see. Mistakes like that cannot be made!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

I went here for the first time (to the Lawrence office) to get new contacts and see if I needed new glasses. I had a good experience. The atmosphere was a little less formal than some optometrists, but the staff was very helpful and the doctor who did my eye exam took plenty of time to answer my questions, explain my options, etc. They didn't try to push me to buy glasses through them, and in fact pointed out that my prescription hadn't really changed and I could keep wearing the pair I already had. They even helped adjust them to make them more comfortable. I would recommend this place to a friend.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

Ordered glasses from the spectacle shop and was less than pleased with the staff. They were not very professional, and were sloppy regarding taking payment info, giving me info, and never even called me when my glasses were in. (Did not see this dr)

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Thd Spectacle has a great selection of eyewear that's stylish. Dr. Lenahan is friendly, smart, and genuinely interested in makIng you feel like the most important person ever during you doctor's visit. He's great at answering questions so the customer understands. I've also followed his ads and marketing efforts over the years and have been impressed with that aspect of the business too.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

The eye dr was the only thing good about Lenahan's office. I didn't even see Lenahan but another doctor who worked there. Disadvantages: 1 - Unhelpful staff who looked miserable including the scheduling lady who slouched while she leaned her head on her hands the whole time I stood there scheduling my next appointment. 2 – Inconsiderate staff didn't clean any of the chin guards on the machines. How hard is it to spread a wipe over a 3 inch long piece of plastic? Maybe I’m being too pickey & a germ freak but can’t you humor me by spending a few pennies to clean your equipment while I’m there? 3 – Had to wait an hour to see the doctor & when he did come in he wasn't prepared. 4 – I guess least important but still worth mentioning is the unappealing environment. All black, white, stark and metalic. Some can pull this look off but it was NOT successful in this case. I wasn’t surprised when I learned that my last appointment there had been 4 years ago. Made perfect sense. Not going again!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011