Ratings for Dr. Ronald C. Smith

It's great that this dentist has finally retired, he should have done so years ago!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

when trying to make an appointment the first time to check a filling they wouldn't see my child b/c someone else had done the work. The woman answering the phone was sharp in tone and was unhelpful. Finally, we managed to get an appointment. The dentist was calm and collected...he did the work and his bedside manner was nothing special. He did have some light-hearted conversation with my child to put him at ease. The assistant really shined, though. She did her job; then at the end when my child wasn't feeling well, she stayed with him and cheered him up and talked about his favorite things. These dentist office does their work matter-of-factly, and if you want cutesie phoney-ness go to Grandgenett.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

I took my 2 1/2 year old daughter for her first appointment. It was pretty pointless. He just looked at her teeth and sent us on our way. Less than 6 months later, she had to have 4 cavaties filled? I did not go back to him because his office staff was not very friendly and treated me and my children very poorly. Shouldn't a pediatric dental facility, that also serves adults, be friendly to both children and adults?

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Dr. Smith is a pediatric dentist, so I expected him to have some compassion for children. However, he gave my 6-year-old daughter a shot (her first) without telling her it was coming, then yelled at her when she cried. His staff also mixed up the purpose of our visit, thinking we were there to do some elective work when we were just there for a checkup. I wouldn't go back to him if he were the last dentist in Iowa.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2007