Ratings for Dr. Pankaj Gore

Doctor and entire office not patient-centered. He was unable and/or unwilling to give a second opinion without seeing 1st doctor's opinion. I explicitly asked for his own opinion, unbiased by exposure to the 1st doctor's report. All other info was available to him - MRI's, lab test results, etc. Also, calls to his office always reach an answering machine - never a live person. His office attempted to shunt survey questioning onto my PCP's clinic; they refused, and I finally was called by someone from Gore's office.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Extremely satisfied with the care I received from Dr. Gore.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I had a large and complicated tumor. I experienced fantastic response and care and compassion from Dr. Gore. It has now been one year post surgery and I'm living life better than the months leading up to surgery. 18 hours of surgery and wonderful after care. He always makes time to personally address concerns. He is very approachable and a gift to have in Portland. I'm grateful that he was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr.Gore is a fantastic doctor. He has done a few of the surgeries I have had in 2013, because of my complicated health history, my shunt kept breaking....he finally looked at me and was like next time you tell me you have a headache I am gonna understand what you mean....

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Dr. Gore is the best doctor I have ever had, he was caring, attentive and concerned for my health.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

I think Dr Gore is awesome, he explained my situation, offered very helpful advice and information.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Great Bedside Manner. Will spend the time to explain the situation and the procedure to be done.I think he is a great Dr.and is concerned about each patient!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

Superior, excellence, highly recommend. One of the best Neurosurgeons in Portland, Oregon. Would rate this doctor in a league of his own.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

Dr. Pankaj Gore's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gore is Director of Brain Tumor and Skull-Base Surgery at the Providence Brain and Spine Institute. His specialties include open and endoscopic skull base surgery, pituitary surgery, neuro-oncology, cerebrovascular neurosurgery, minimally invasive neurosurgery, and complex spine surgery. Dr. Gore graduated with his B.A. from the University of Virginia and received his Doctorate of Medicine from Washington University in Saint Louis, Missouri. He completed his residency and fellowships in Cerebrovascular and Skull-base Neurosurgery at the Barrow Neurological Institute. He also completed a fellowship in Endoscopic and Minimally Invasive Brain Tumor surgery in Sydney, Australia. During this fellowship he was involved in developing innovative endoscopic neurosurgical approaches to the skull base. He has authored 13 peer-reviewed publications and 4 book chapters.

• English

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

• Pituitary tumors
  • Acoustic neuroma
  • Spinal cord injury
  • Trigeminal neuralgia

• National Institutes of Health Summer Research Fellowship Awards, 1994-1996
  • Phi Beta Kappa, University of Virginia, 1996
  • Echols Scholar, University of Virginia, 1993-1996
  • Alpha Omega Alpha, Washington University School of Medicine, 2000
  • Distinguished Student Scholar, Washington University School of Medicine, 1997-2001
  • First Place Poster Presentation, General Interest, American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting, 2006

GHI