Ratings for Dr. Charles Fisher

I am only 47 and have met with Dr. Fisher 5 times over last 6 years. On June 2nd, 2017, I finally had L3-L4-L5 fused with instrumentation and spacer after a failed previous fusion of L4-L5-S1 by Dr. Yong-Hing in Saskatoon in 1988 after an accident. For years I could not stand up straight, was bent over almost 90 degrees, sciatic pain so bad I could barely work, sleep, walk, stand or sit. He is very experienced, knowledgeable, conservative with surgery, we tried everything before opting in for surgery. He put me as priority on days just before and days after surgery. He, along with Dr. Etienne Bourassa-Moreau (fellow), fixed me! I am beyond elated, I can now stand up straight, sciatica relieved, can walk around normally 2.5 months post op. Hoping to return to work very soon. His expertise, knowledge and skill has allowed me to continue being a productive citizen hopefully until I retire. Also, his admin staff and research crew are amazing, funny, kind and empathetic. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I would like to say I know now this person fell my self I would never see Dr fisher again it was a lot more then a joke it was a bunch of B.S and I really mean that I am real sorry a very that you had to deal with person . when I went to see Dr fisher was real nasty very in caring he could not give a st how a person felt or what a person was going throw sorry but if he knew how it felt he would be biching to but he knows everything and you know nothing but what you go throw on a day to day my rate is a -0

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr Fisher was the spinal surgeon who fused my spine back together after a tramautic injury which left me in a wheelchair. I was assured I was under the care of the best spinal surgeon in Canada, and felt somewhat relieved, its a shame it was a goddamn joke. Dr Fisher could care less about his patients and that sure shows when he refused to see me after surgery ever. If I could go back id demand a surgeon who cared a little more about their patients as ive tried to see him 3 times since my accident and he has no showed me every single time, after I had to travel to his office from out of town. Save yourself the disappointment and depression of dealing with this guy, see Dr Dvorak instead.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Went to Dr.Fisher today.He was contracted by Worksafe BC to evaluate my broken neck and severe spinal cord injury.My injury ocurred nearly 9 years ago.Well in a 15 minute period he determined I was good to work.This is contrary to the documents and opinions of my neurologist,family doctor,and even a Worksafe medical advisor.He made more than one reference to how much money Worksafe was spending on me(that is none of his business and an absolutely inappropriate comment for one that considers himself a professional). In my opinion Dr.Fisher either does not have the training or competence to deal with my spinal cord injury.In my opinion Dr.Fisher needs to get out of Worksafes pocket and into putting the patient first. Absolutely disgusted with this sell out doctor!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I have had several back operations, Dr. Fisher did the very difficult last and final one. He is wonderful, so talented and dedicated. We are so lucky to have this doctor in BC!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Recently visited the spine clinic for an appointment regarding severe sciatica issues. I was told it would be a 40-minute wait, but Dr. Fisher saw me right away when he found out how much pain I was in. He was patient and knowledgeable. He took the time to answer all of our questions, and thoroughly went over the risks of the surgery. As it got closer to my surgery date, Dr. Fisher assessed my progress and suggested that I might want to reconsider surgery, as I seemed to be improving without it. Three months later, I am able to return to work, with no surgery. I appreciated Dr. Fisher's honest opinion as well as his helpful and friendly manner.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

I was recommended to Dr. Fisher in 2012 by my friend who is an Anesthetist and sees all the doctors operate. I had my lower back fused Jan 2013 and there are now screws and a plate. I was a very active person and was getting more depressed because I could not do any physical activities for 2 1/2 years after my accident. It has been a year since my surgery and I am so delighted with the results. For the first time in years, I have stopped taking anti-inflams, I now go to the gym 5 days a week, I feel this summer I will be hiking again as I am able to do long walks. When you meet Dr. Fisher, he looks like he just woke up because his hair is so messy but don't let that stop you. The nurses in the hospital told me he is exceptional and I was fortunate to have him do my operation. I would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

I'd like say thanks to Dr. Fisher for my successful surgery. Greatly appreciate the amazing team work of the doctors and surgeons. Dr. Fisher is a very sincere doctor who cares for his patience very much. As English is my second language, Dr. Fisher spent extra time to explain the surgery process with myself and my son who came from California, U.S. again when he visited me for the surgery. Also, thanks for the thorough follow up after I was discharged home.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

I had a spine fusion. I know Ortho. surgeons are totally different breed but I found Dr. Fisher is approachable and his bedside manner is pleasant. Dr. Fisher fixed my problem. I would recommend Dr. Fisher to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

I've had a double spinal fusion in February 2000, done by Dr. Fisher. I had a condition called "pars deffect", combined with the usual spondylolysthesis. I've waited too long to get help, everyone was trying to scare me. I decided to go for it, when I would not accept life as it was. I was in pain all the time. So I took the opportunity that was offered to me, and jumped on the bandwagon :) It took me 2 and a half years to heal completely. Since then, I have the occasional mild pain in the back (once or twice a year), but it is peanuts compare to what I was before. I cannot find the words to thank Dr. Fisher and his crew for the miracle they perform on my spine. I've got nuts and bolts there, and so happy with my hardware :) Hope this help someone to take a decision, just weight the odds, and if they are on your side, GO FOR IT. E-mail me if you have questions... tiger777@telus.net

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010