Ratings for Dr. Stephen Burnett

Great surgeon, did a super job on my hip replacement. I had a smooth and fast recovery and my incision scar is hardly noticeable. His staff are wonderful and helpful. I'm so thankful to have him as my surgeon and to be under his care.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Although his bedside manner is not spectacular his skills as a surgeon are. I had to fight for my surgery but was able to convince him to proceed. I consider myself very lucky to have him as my Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Not the greatest bedside manner, but an EXCELLENT surgeon. He did my right total hip replacement, and the scar is incredibly thin. Surgery went great, he will be treating my knee and other hip as well. Highly recommended. You have to ask him the questions, he doesn't volunteer a lot of information, so his bedside manner comes across as a bit "aloof" but he is so smart and talented, it's worth it.

Submitted June 20, 2017

Anyone who is lucky enough to get this surgeon should feel blessed as he is prudent, exact and very focussed on accuracy. If you have any concerns post surgery he is very willing to accommodate last-minute exams. I could not be more impressed and when my next hip needs replacement this is the surgeon I will be hoping for again! This is the first time I have gone to the trouble to write a doctor as I truly think he has earned five stars.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Waited 7 months to see him, for a 10 minute appointment where he declared not only would he not recommend my surgery, but that despite the fact that I will need it, articles that he's read, saying that there could be issues, are far more important that my quality of life. He walks into the office, having already formed his opinion, giving patients like me no option, but to suffer for years, until HE decides he's comfortable enough to do my surgery. Thank god he was only seeing me as a consult for my real surgeon, who actually cares about my condition and considers my quality of life and future, rather than telling me "just mange the symptoms there's nothing I can do". Sure there is, be a better Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Burnett actually really listened to me! He was very informative and gave me hope!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Burnett. I had badly broken my collar bone (into 5 pieces) while working out of town the week before. He insisted there was no hurry to see me, despite my GP telling him the ortho at Vancouver General said surgery should happen within 10 days. He is absolutely not a fan of collar bone surgery, even with such a bad break. After finally agreeing a second opinion from the surgeon who does mostly collar bone work, I ended up having surgery 13 days after the break. The net result? 2 surgeries, a crocked collar bone (the bones didn't heal properly while I had a plate) and 9 months of healing an open wound. While I cannot prove the delay thanks to his arrogance caused all this, it certainly did not help!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Poor bedside manner; quite dismissive of elderly parent's obvious pain; and arrogant when asked about alternative to surgery. Filled out a seven page questionnaire that he didn't even look at. He did apologize for the long wait so kudos for that at least.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I cannot say enough about ReBalanceMD, the staff, facility and Dr. Burnett. From the moment I walked into ReBalance over a year ago, I have received consistent exceptional care. Dr. Burnett has extensive experience in complex cases such as mine. His knowledge and explanations are superb. I am fortunate to have him as my surgeon. He has guided me in such a professional manner and I know that the 'best' care if being given to me. His staff are exceptional.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr.Burnett was a terrific surgeon!I have had absolutely no pain in my knee and both hip! He was very charming and had great bedside manors! I would recommend him to absolutely anyone! 99/100

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016