Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Hayden

KEEP CHILDREN FAR AWAY! Do not go near Lawrence Hayden, this man is a terrible urologist and does not even possess rudimentary doctor skills. I was a patient of his when I was 10 years old (roughly 12 years ago, it would have been 2005-2006.) I had been referred to him because at the time I was experiencing frequent urination. I remember the appointment very well, Hayden examined my genitals without wearing gloves and then tried to forcefully retract my fore-skin (which I discovered later could have caused serious problems.) This was excruciatingly painful, and it would have been obvious that I was in pain as I was only barely holding back tears, yet he continued to do it. I was only a child so I didn't say anything. Afterwards he concluded, without doing ANY other examinations, that I had "tight fore-skin" and that was the cause of my frequent urination and I would have to get it cut off. He then arranged for me to go to hospital were he circumcised me (which I can tell you is a traumatizing experience for a child.) Not only that, but he botched the circumcision. He used dissolvable stitches which came undone too early causing too much skin loss and skin misalignment, which remains the same to this day. He then told my parents that it was my fault because I touched the stitches and made them fall off. But it gets worse, after all that my frequent urination problem was still there. My parents then took me to a different doctor who did proper tests (an ultrasound and a voiding log) and concluded that my problem was completely psychological. She told me to drink more water and urinate less to retrain my brain, and within a month I was cured. So Hayden completely misdiagnosed me, unnecessarily operated on me, botched it and then blamed me (a 10 year old child.) To this day (at 22 years old) I am still upset about what happened. I look at the scars and want to cry. I have terrible memories of him hurting me in his office when I was 10 years old. Learn from my experience and do not let your children near this man. I know from first hand experience that Hayden is a terrible, terrible doctor. Stay far away from him and whatever you do: DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN NEAR HIM!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Arrogant Narcissist who is unable to diagnose simple medical disorders. With constant hand tremors very surprising he is still operating. Very dismissive regarding complaints of the urology department in Liverpool Hospital for risk of losing his head of department status.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Operated on me in June 10 for Prostate Cancer, now totally cured, rate him very highly.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Operated on me in June 2010 for prostate cancer, recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

I recommend him. He is honest, skillful and put my interest first.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

Laurie Hayden has been my Urologist for in excess of 10 years and cannot be faulted in his management of my condition.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Approach with caution as this Dr Chooses to perform scrotal examinations without gloves. Ignore any excuses provided as this not acceptable in anyway shape or form.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013