Ratings for Dr. Stephen Heiden

Buy prescription glasses yearly including 5 pair of COSTAs from this office. All COSTAs including 12 yr old pair are good condition. Thought there would be no problem when my newest pair (bought 08 and just out of warranty) started to delaminate. Looks like the expensive transition lenses are peeling apart. This office started me on COSTAs in big part because "they have one of the best warranties available". Spent extra for the latest TRANSITION lens cut with my prescription. What the office didn't tell me is, COSTA DOES NOT WARRANTY IF YOU GET A PRESCRIPTION LENS. When I sowed the optician my lens he first asked if I cleaned it with WINDEX (NO) & then said I must have got the glasses in saltwater or near the ocean. The COSTA phone recording says, "GET OUT ON THE WATER-SEE WHAT'S THERE", the brochure has in giant letters, "BORN ON THE WATER" & 3 photos showing saltwater fish. Of course I thought they were ok to wear around the water. Never told me no warranty when prescription is cut.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010