Ratings for Dr. Melanie Mintzer

No privacy, she writes all the patient personal information in her notes. Not knowledgeable. she is rude, talks loudly and irritated with patients. Waiting time is more than one hour. Her office front desk ladies are very rude, laugh and makes jokes on the back of the patients. No courtesy.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2019

This person is racist, memory problems. She is not knowledgeable about diseases/health problems. she searches everything on the internet. 1 hour waiting, she talks very loudly, frustrated and irritated. She write on her notes/patient summery all the nonsense instead of writing actual health problem. No privacy and careful with her. Front desk staff are rude and makes jokes about the patients and laugh at them.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2019

Whenever I have had a complicated problem Dr. Mintzer was able to figure out the problem and come up with a solution. I don't know what I would do without her. The office is trying very hard to stay on schedule. She gets behind, but usually because she spends more than 15 minutes with each patient to dig further into finding a solution to my problems.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Saved my life, the beyond best doctor I've ever had!!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Waited an hour and half and was still never seen. The lack of consideration by the doctor and her staff was unlike anything I have ever experienced.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

This is an outstanding doctor with an outstanding bedside manner. She does sometimes run late, BUT she really does give you her complete and undivided attention when it is your turn too. She does not do what too many doctors do: 5 minutes and misdiagnoses and you are out of there! What's more is she now has more doctors in her practice, and each of them also give you their undivided attention. Generations Practice has become my whole family-males and females-health care provider. She (they) uses good old fashioned common sense and only goes to tests when it is needed. As for follow ups, they have a patient portal that every patient can use to find out their own labs results (and only their own!), and she has always followed up with me when it was needed. And I, too, have received phone calls at non-business hours to for emergency situations, and she has met my Mother on a Sunday at the practice! She is THE doctor, and she has THE staff, that we have always wished for in a practice, but could never find. She and all the doctors in her practice are worth the wait.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

This doctor is very intelligent but is not worth waiting hours at every appt. for. Can never look you in the eye, can never quite decide what is wrong with you. You sit and wait for HOURS...sometimes I waited longer than 4!!! No good doctor is going to continually schedule a full day of patients every day and then some have to leave due to the hours of waiting. Her time is no more valuable than mine or yours.....unless she was Dr. House I would not recommend her! Even her help leaves to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Okay, so it's TRUE that she makes you wait for hours past your appointment time (yes, hourS), BUT then she devotes a TON of time to you. That's why she's always late - because she spends up to an hour or more with each patient, which is so rare these days. She gets a thorough understanding of your situation and spends a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to help you. She has changed the direction of my healthcare so positively (doctors before her could not get me diagnosed or treated effectively). I also agree that she is bad at monitoring you through followup labs (I have to initiate these myself..hope I'm not missing any labs that I should be having), but as soon as you make her aware of an issue, she does her best to take care of you as quickly as possible. I called their office with a really unimportant question one time on a Saturday, and SHE called me back that day to give me advice. If punctuality is your priority, forget it. But if thoroughness is - she's your DR

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

Horrible practice!~ Always very late--even when you call to see if they are running on time, you still wait for hours. Ordered unnecessary lab tests that I now have to pay over $1000 for and never called me with the results!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS PRACTICE!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

This is a wonderful physician. She came in on a Sunday to care for my partner's minor child. She called me back in early a.m. hours to give me details of culture results and call in antibiotics for her. I was able to call her in the middle of the night (1:00 a.m.) and she took my call and guided me through our medical crisis and even offered to meet me at Wake Med Raleigh. Its true you have to wait when you see her, but only because she is so thorough and caring. The most accessible doctor I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

Dr. Melanie Mintzer's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1980)

MSP/BC Med