Ratings for Dr. Shawn F. McGinley

Just went in to get a crown and root canal, although the root canal was done at a different place and 900 of the cost. Dr. Montalvo is outstanding and I was so happy to finally find a place to go as I didn't have dental insurance for a decade and my mouth is a mess. Today after putting in my first crown I sat down with a person to do cleanings who literally spoke to me like I have never been talked to before. They made me feel like human excrement. I tried to allow this person to flip it into jokes repeatedly being noticeably older than them, but I had to get out of the chair and leave. I'll have to find a new dentist. After 10 years of no insurance, this is horrible for me. Montalvo and McGinley are outstanding, but their hygienist lacks even a modicum of professionalism, care or respect for others. I literally felt embarrassed and shamed by this young girl.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. McGinley is just terrific. He is refreshing actually. He really cares about his patients and it shows. He is a good listener and has extreme patience. I ask alot of questions.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Dr. McGinly is very nice and makes you feel extremely comfortable. The dental hygienist was awesome and also made me feel very comfortable. I used to hate going to the dentist but not anymore :)

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

Dr. McGinley is a great dentist. Smart, down to earth, and makes you feel comfortable. I actually fell asleep during a filling. Good times.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Awesome experience especially if you are afraid of Dentists.....You can tell he loves his job....personable, funny but best of all GREAT dentist

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Had 1 tooth done & was charged way too much 4 the quality of work & they wouldnt help w/ pain management. They 2 $$ hungry & dont care about u as a person like Dr F did. If u dont have $$$ or ins they will not help u. Im already shopping 4 a new Dr bc I refuse 2 give what money I do have 2 a-holes like them & Im not letting them take advantage of the ins ill have w/in 3 mon, since they wont help me now. When I told the receptionist Samantha that I will b looking 4 a new dentist that wld help me, she said "go ahead, no 1 here cares". Nice ppl right? Like I said they dont care about u they only care about the green bills in ur pocket or the ins u have that they can rip off 4 their services. My whole family went 2 Dr F (my grandparents, brothers & sisters) & something is wrong when all of us r looking 4 a new Dr. All of us will vouch that they only care about the ppl w/ $$ or ins & screw any1 that doesnt have either. If I could give negative stars I would they dont even deserve 1 star.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

Dr. McGinley is great! Very enthusiastic and friendly. Makes you feel very comfortable. I would definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010

Very knowledgeable, i was uncertain about the changing of hands but left with a great experience.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

Such a great dentist, very personable and knowledgeable! I highly recommend Dr. McGinley!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Dr is unprofessional. Badmouths previous owner. Not respectful toward staff.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010