Ratings for Dr. Brian Wood

I called (after someone raved about this Dr) asked if he was accepting new patients, when asked what type insurance I told them, she said oh yes. Youhave to come by, fill out paperwork, we will review it, and THEN if you 'pass' we'll call you back. REALLY??!!! As I told them young lady on the phone, after repeating what she said--No thanks I'll find another Dr.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Very warm, understanding and caring. Takes his time to listen. My husband and I both have used Dr. Wood since he came to Auburn and are VERY pleased with him. We have recommended him to several friends who have also joined us in praises for his kindness and knowledge. He is without a doubt and excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Dr. Wood is rude and condescending. He downplayed my concerns about weight gain and said "weight loss is simple - fewer calories in than out", which is an attitude clearly NOT supported by current scientific research. He was more than one hour late for my appointment, with no apology. His staff is terrible - it took more than a dozen calls and in person requests over a three month period to get a referral. Refills take days to weeks of repeat calls. It is a chore just trying to get his staff to answer the phone. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Dr. Wood was arrogant and condescending. He exhibited absolutely no respect for me as a patient, and told me that, since I was getting older, I should just "live with" my ailments rather than seeking medical treatment. Dr. Wood went so far as to tell me that I should always stay at home, prepare my own meals, and be happy about it. He also said that I was too old to eat in restaurants (or apparently to travel or to socialize in any way.) In addition, he refused to refill my medication for restless legs even though it had previously been prescribed to me (by his former partner) for over 6 years. I have never before met a doctor who was so rude or uncaring.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Wood was very friendly and seemed in no rush at all. He answered my questions quite thoroughly and asked several times if I had anymore questions. He came across as a doctor who believes in prevention of health problems which is important to me. I was very pleased with my visit.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Outside of one hospital, I have never received care this poor in my life. I am younger and in very good health, so I rarely require his services. However, he spends more time downplaying and invalidating my concerns than treating me. I feel like he wants to write noncontroversial scripts and for you to go away. He is nice and friendly, but he seems unhappy, stressed, and preoccupied, which is affecting his practice. His staff is terrible, but I'd deal with it if he were good. Is there a good doctor in Auburn that is accepting patients?

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Extremely poor attention to detail. I'd have died had I trusted Dr. Wood and not gone elsewhere for simple chest x-ray (which he didn't bother to order). Opted to see an expert outside of his good-ole-boy network instead of who he referred me to - and I got a nasty-gram via. certified mail from Dr. Wood telling me not to come back. If you are seeking a competent doctor, you'll have to go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

After hearing a positive experience from another person, I scheduled an appointment about a year ago, and got fast scheduling. The doctor/patient mannerism is wonderful. I have become established there now, and is very pleased with the service received thus far. I have also recommended him to others.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

Dr. Wood patiently answered all my questions and explained my course of treatment.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

nice staff. my refills are always on time and dr brian is a very very nice person. looks out for his patient, spends time with you. doesn't rush in rush out. he cares.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Dr. Brian Wood's Credentials

• Univ Of South Al Coll Of Med, Mobile Al 36688 (Grad. 2001)