Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Singley

My husband had been seeing Dr. Singley for several years and felt I should see her to have a simple blood test to check my vitamins. Well, that was a mistake. She sent in blood work electronically for two blood tests that are considered experimental so my insurance company would not pay for them. I checked the tests out and indeed they are considered experimental and certainly not appropriate for my diagnosis. I contacted Dr. Singley and she said she would take care of it but she never did, and as a result I received a bill for $328.85. I contacted her again several times and she never answered from that day forward, so I sued her in small claims court. I started the case on 9/26/16, she postponed four times and never even showed up for the final judgment on 1/27/17. I won and was awarded the $328.85 plus expenses. The judge gave her until 2/24/17 to pay. I will post a follow-up as things progress.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I saw Dr. Singley a couple of years ago, as I was looking for a naturopathic primary physician. I appreciated that she took time with the initial intake and was personable; however, she seemed to know less about a certain herb than I did. Moreover, the reason I did not go back to her is that after the intake, for some unknown reason, she proceeded to give me an acupuncture session without even informing me of her intentions first. I had never had acupuncture before, and I was shocked that she started putting needles in me without any explanation. This failure in communication quickly led to my loss of trust in her.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Singley was able to diagnose my fatigue and I lost weight without trying. I'm glad I took my friends advice. I've never felt beter. Office staff was friendly and processed my insurance no problem.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I prefer naturopathic doctors and this is why I sought out Dr. Lisa. My relationship with her began on a wonderful footing, and I appreciate all she has done in terms of medical advice. However, unfortunately her business practices and the way her office manager treats her patients, are absolutely deplorable. I had recommended Dr. Singley to my own husband as well as mother--whose insurance paperwork was improperly filled out (wrong diagnosis!), causing insurance to deny her claims, and Dr. Singley's office then repeatedly ignored requests to refile the paperwork. They habitually delayed giving me access to my own bloodtest results. She also repeatedly ignored my own request to have a copy of my medical file despite my being pregnant (we moved out of state and desperately needed the records for continued prenatal care), and when they finally sent it after 2 months, they billed ME for the FedEx charges without my authorization. I am sorry to be unable to recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010