You may also like

Rate Dr. G. James Scozzafava

Dr. G. James Scozzafava's Ratings

Dr. Scozzafava, in my opinion is a wonderful doctor and extremely patient and compassionate. I had a very difficult diagnosis to figure out as I had unique symptoms that he had not seen before, however, he consulted with other neurologists and was very thorough. I had 2 brain MRI's in a 6-month period before he was able to determine what was happening to me. He should incredible concern for me as I went through this. I would definitely recommend Dr. Scozzafava to anyone! Thank you for everything :)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2696994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

Horrible, horrible experience with him. Looked bored, was bored, and I was out from his office in less than 5 minutes. Was not in the mood for a consult - after I waited 4 months for a booking. Poor bedside manners. I cannot say how knowledgeable he is, as he was in a big hurry to send me out from his office. I had to talk to my family doctor to send me to another neurologist - I had to wait another almost 4 months, but the other neurologist was helpful, caring and helped me finding the issue that bothered me. I would not recommend him based on my experience. Maybe he is good and knowledgeable, but he did not show that in my meeting with him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2690018].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Scozzafava. Another emergency room called him to see if they could send me over one weekend, he was at a different hospital. Without hesitation he agreed and made she I was given the proper medical attention, and promptly. Without his knowledge, compassion and care, I truly believe I would not be able to walk today. I am so very fortunate to have been under his care.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2526501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2511606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491242].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Dr James was my doctor when I was admitted to the Grey Nuns with my stroke. He is the one who told me what was happening to me. I found him to be very compassionate and thorough. He actually was visibly upset when he told me I had a major stroke. Very rare today when we are mostly "a disease", "a number" or "just another case". I truly appreciated his care and consideration while in the hospital he took his time sat down and actually listened to any concerns I had and noted when I made improvements. I would recommend Dr James S to anyone who has an issue they are not sure of and want straightforward honest answers. Lois S.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2345760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

I have been dealing with the same issues for a few years now. I had gone to a few neurologists that very quickly dismissed my issues. I had been given a spinal tap that revealed nothing and in the end felt like a fool for exploring any further. I was brought to Emergency at Grey Nuns and met Dr. Scozzafava then. He did not dismiss my symptoms he admitted me and ran several tests. He found the cause of most of my symptoms. He takes his time and explains things to you. you don't feel like a fool leaving his office. His staff interact with you. His bedside manner makes you feel welcomed. He digs to get to the answers that other neurologist never take the time to it seems. I am not a trusting individual in this field though I trust him and that is important to trust a specialist. We will work through this together. I want to thank Dr. scozzafava for his understanding, listening to me and finally diagnosing me. I would highly recommend him to anyone. thank you Dr S Marion

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][347543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

I had to drive from saskatchewan to see him because I heard of him and no one here could figure out why I was getting such bad headaches. He got tests done the same day and found a crazy bllod vessel problem and started me on steroid. It's the first time in over a year that I haven't had a headache. He's sooooo amazing I don't know how to thank him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][347545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2012

He was absolutely amazing. Explained everything so well and took the time to make me feel like it would be okay. The nicest doctor I've met in years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][347542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

Does not relate well to patients at all. Has an awful bedside manner, and is very dismissive. Not helpful at all. Doesn't really investigate other sources of the problem, just what is in his head at the time being.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][347544].votes_count ]]