You may also like

Ratings for Dr. G. James Scozzafava

Dr. Scozzafava is amazing. He made me feel very welcome and at ease, and I could see that he was considering the information I was giving him, as he created first steps in our plan and then explained the entire process to me. I highly recommend Dr. Scozzafava. The staff and punctuality suffered a bit because I have to be honest in my review. I was told Dr. Scozzafava is never late (he was about 30m late), so this was obviously an anomaly and I would not let it influence your decision on doing business with this doctor. He is exceptional.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Was referred to him through UofA Emerg, I was able to get in quickly. Both he and his staff were very friendly. He was very informative and took the time to explain my MRI results.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Scozzafava, in my opinion is a wonderful doctor and extremely patient and compassionate. I had a very difficult diagnosis to figure out as I had unique symptoms that he had not seen before, however, he consulted with other neurologists and was very thorough. I had 2 brain MRI's in a 6-month period before he was able to determine what was happening to me. He should incredible concern for me as I went through this. I would definitely recommend Dr. Scozzafava to anyone! Thank you for everything :)

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

Horrible, horrible experience with him. Looked bored, was bored, and I was out from his office in less than 5 minutes. Was not in the mood for a consult - after I waited 4 months for a booking. Poor bedside manners. I cannot say how knowledgeable he is, as he was in a big hurry to send me out from his office. I had to talk to my family doctor to send me to another neurologist - I had to wait another almost 4 months, but the other neurologist was helpful, caring and helped me finding the issue that bothered me. I would not recommend him based on my experience. Maybe he is good and knowledgeable, but he did not show that in my meeting with him.

Submitted January 19, 2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Scozzafava. Another emergency room called him to see if they could send me over one weekend, he was at a different hospital. Without hesitation he agreed and made she I was given the proper medical attention, and promptly. Without his knowledge, compassion and care, I truly believe I would not be able to walk today. I am so very fortunate to have been under his care.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr James was my doctor when I was admitted to the Grey Nuns with my stroke. He is the one who told me what was happening to me. I found him to be very compassionate and thorough. He actually was visibly upset when he told me I had a major stroke. Very rare today when we are mostly "a disease", "a number" or "just another case". I truly appreciated his care and consideration while in the hospital he took his time sat down and actually listened to any concerns I had and noted when I made improvements. I would recommend Dr James S to anyone who has an issue they are not sure of and want straightforward honest answers. Lois S.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

I have been dealing with the same issues for a few years now. I had gone to a few neurologists that very quickly dismissed my issues. I had been given a spinal tap that revealed nothing and in the end felt like a fool for exploring any further. I was brought to Emergency at Grey Nuns and met Dr. Scozzafava then. He did not dismiss my symptoms he admitted me and ran several tests. He found the cause of most of my symptoms. He takes his time and explains things to you. you don't feel like a fool leaving his office. His staff interact with you. His bedside manner makes you feel welcomed. He digs to get to the answers that other neurologist never take the time to it seems. I am not a trusting individual in this field though I trust him and that is important to trust a specialist. We will work through this together. I want to thank Dr. scozzafava for his understanding, listening to me and finally diagnosing me. I would highly recommend him to anyone. thank you Dr S Marion

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr. G. James Scozzafava's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Scozzafava is amazing. He made me feel very welcome and at ease, and I could see that he was considering the information I was giving him, as he created fir..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was referred to him through UofA Emerg, I was able to get in quickly. Both he and his staff were very friendly. He was very informative and took the time to exp..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Scozzafava, recently, and did not disclose that I am medical. I prefer it that way. Both Dr. S and his nurse, C, are outstanding!"

August 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Scozzafava, in my opinion is a wonderful doctor and extremely patient and compassionate. I had a very difficult diagnosis to figure out as I had unique sym..."

January 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible, horrible experience with him. Looked bored, was bored, and I was out from his office in less than 5 minutes. Was not in the mood for a consult - aft..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Scozzafava. Another emergency room called him to see if they could send me over one weekend, he was at a differen..."

September 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "James" to "G. James"

May 8, 2013