Ratings for Dr. Anthony Woods

Dr. Woods has been checking on my CLL status for seven years. He has always answered my questions and provided useful information . Dr. Woods evaluates, educates and encourages while maintaining his professionalism.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Always friendly, positive, informative and a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

He was great in Edmonton. It is most unfortunate thay he left. He let me know he was going. Not having other specialists to pass his patients along to is a staffing problem the U of A Hospital should have been held accountable for.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Woods is very pleasant. However, after performing a bone marrow test on my mother, he did not call her with the results (AML). When we followed for the results, we learned he was on vacation. When we finally learned her diagnosis, almost 2 weeks after her bone marrow, she passes away within 3 days. His office then called my father a week after my mother's death looking to speak to her! I have many questions for Dr. Woods and his complete lack of care and communication.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

My husband and I met with Dr. Woods for the very first time yesterday. We found him extremely warm, compassionate, helpful and knowledgeable. He didn't rush usbut at all, but instead took the time to answer all of our questions and tell us about what lies ahead regarding treatment options etc. We left his office feeling very confident in his ability to care for my husband and relieved and happy to be in his care. Let's face it, a cancer Centre is somewhere that nobody wants to be. Dr. Woods is truly a breath of fresh air. Highly recommended!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Dr. Woods at Oshawa hospital (hematology) is fantastic! I only have wonderful things to say about this very approachable, knowledgable and professional doctor. I have ITP and been under the care of other doctors at another hospital and Dr.Woods is fabulous. I would highly recommend him. Yes, I do wait to see him in the waiting room but, this is not within his control as he has numerous patients whom he takes time with. I would rather have a doctor who does not rush through my questions and who answers each one than a doctor who is on a speed mission. Dr. Woods is very up to date with various treatments, and is quite personable. A great doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. My ITP is under control.Dr. Anthony Woods is an asset to Oshawa Hospital.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

Never arrived on time, and left nothing but questions in the air. Pathetic in keeping a patient infomed on upcoming treatments.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

it was too bad he left edmonton. i can only blame it on the hospital and poor management.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2010

Dr. Anthony Woods skipped town on ALL of his Edmonton, Alberta patients without as much as any notice, call, letter or referral to other hematologist. He only gave his secretary a one week notice. This is very unprofessional and close to being dangerous behavior. He left his patients without hematologist or appointments for treatments. I need treatment constantly and had to keep track of my blood test results because he did not have the time to look at them himself. When I would call because they had become dangerously low, it would take up to 2 months to get a hold of him because he does not return phone calls. Imagine my surprise to find that he now works in Ontario. Good bedside manners do not equal good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010