Ratings for Dr. Antony S. J. Amaladoss

I made an appointment with Dr. Amaladoss for my father, in whom I had started to notice some memory issues which concerned me. I went to the appointment with my dad. Dr. Amaladoss asked some very basic questions of my dad, and then essentially pronounced him fine and me an over-reactor. He did not give my dad a MOCA (Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test - something I learned a lot about later, unfortunately.) A year later my dad was diagnosed with Fronto-Temporal Dementia. His brain was disintegrating. Had Dr. Amaladoss taken some time and delved a bit further into my dad's comprehension and my concerns, had he ordered an MRI to look for the brain damage that was already there, we could have had extra time to decide, with my dad, what he wanted to do. As it was, by the time we got a diagnosis (in Toronto), it was already too late for my dad to fully comprehend what was going on. I knew there was something wrong. I was dismissed. Simple tests were not done which could have given my father time to make some decisions while he was still able to. I find that unforgivable.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

While searching www.ratemds.com the other day, I looked up my former psychiatrist, Antony Amaladoss. I was shocked at his ratings and thought more balance was needed. The following is from less than one year with Amaladoss. It's true that Amaladoss can be charming and easy going but after awhile you start to see a different, egotistical side. His egotism may work out well for some patients but it can also be harmful when, as in my case, Amaladoss refused to acknowledge the failure of his diagnosis and treatment. He doesn't like to be questioned and especially doesn't like the second opinions of specialists. He prescribes drugs liberally, and doesn't pay close attention to the side effects, e.g., watching out for significant changes in his patients, like the way they walk or speak. In fact he mocked my drug-induced disabilities without addressing them (i.e. determining which drug(s) was causing them). His prescription approach is also badly flawed. There were drug interactions which were fortunately caught by pharmacists, multiple simultaneous drug changes which confused the cause and effect of the drugs, his forgetful re-prescription of drugs previously cancelled and his prescription of totally irrelevant drugs. Prescribing the right drugs seems not to be Amaladoss'forte. The Amaladoss I got to know was neither careful nor caring. Only later working with a different physician and after stopping all the drugs prescribed by Amaladoss was I able to use the computer again. I expect there are others who could share a similar view if only they had the manual dexterity and mental clarity they had before meeting Amaladoss.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I dont "MIND" the wait , ( pardon the pun ) bring a book with you ! His receptionist is great also she's always done her best to get me in when possible or had to reschedule an appointment. So don't be to hard on her. I've only begun to see this Doctor , and already I know I will continue to see him as long as I can . Although his office is rather small for us whom are claustrophobic , so thank goodness he has a room with a view . If I had to see him in a broom closet to get his help I surely would . You could look in a dictionary a long time & never find the right word to describe this man. So when someone asks me where I'm going , I tell them I have I have an appointment with a Friend

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Finally, meeting someone who understands and does not judge. I am so grateful to be connected with Dr. A..... Very gentle and caring. The first time I met him, I left with tears of joy...... Someone understands...... Thank you so much :-)

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

This doctor saved my life! Salvaged my family relations! Brought me closer to my family! Instead of hate, I see love! I was able to forgive everyone that hurt me and that I hurt! 5 stars is not enough to describe this wise man! This normal man. This kind creature that did everything he could to help me. To save my miserable life and myself. AMAZING! BRAVO! CHEERS! HURRAY! for this brilliant man. For anyone who is still suffering out there in the real world, Dr. Amaladoss is here to help with results you never thought were possible. Just give Antony a try and see it for yourself. I am not lying. This man is a Genius. Thank you Dr. Amaladoss for everything. - Malgorzata

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Excellent doctor would recommend him to anyone needing help for mental issues great bed side manor

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Great experience overall. I had to give 4/5 for punctuality because he does go long sometimes, but he has gone long with me and I know it is because he cares deeply about getting a full picture of his patients' mental health, and he will indulge you if you talk about something that he thinks is relevant to your unique situation. I've been to a few doctors but was lucky to find Amaladoss before having seen too many. He is very thoughtful and gives precedence to what you feel is best. I've never felt like he was lording his knowledge and expertise in order to persuade me of any treatment. Overall a great person to talk to who will try and steer you in the right direction at your own pace. I am lucky in that medication has not been necessary for me, yet I have still seen great improvements from the advice I've received. He takes great interest in the future of his patients and how they can best succeed in spite of their history, and will always inspire you to take steps forward.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

I have been his patient for 7 years. He is a great knowlegable doctor. Always listens carefully and if you ask for his opinion he is frank and give the best advice. And if you dont agree with him he is calm and does not get upset and with time you realize his advice are corrects. He makes you feel relax and comfortable during the session.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Very easy to talk to, gives good suggestions to help yourself.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Dr. A considers the whole of your body's needs to increase your wellness, psychologically. He is also excellent with providing motivation to improve yourself.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015