Ratings for Dr. W. Bret Smith

I had ankle replacement surgery 2 years ago and have been well pleased with the results. I'm now up to walking 2 miles per day with only mild discomfort. My walking regime prior to the surgery had gone from 3 - 4 miles per day to 0 over a 4 year period. I had no problems with Dr. Smith or his staff. I found them very responsive to any concerns I had.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I wish I could be more specific about Dr. Smith. I waited over an hour for my appointment. I never even saw him and instead saw a nurse practitioner. Two weeks later the still have not sent my prescription over to the pharmacy.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Useless. Went around with a torn tendon after an ankle fracture for two years. Tried everything for what he misdiagnosed as tendonitis, spent $$$ and was still having daily chronic pain. Finally he told me he didn't know what else to do, didn't even suggest an MRI. Another ortho ordered an MRI and I have been walking around with a torn tendon that needs to be surgically repaired for two years. Was told that a reputable orthopedist should have ordered an MRI after the bone healed and the pain continued to the point of impairing my ability to walk. Staff can never find things in the chart. One issue after the next due to poor training yet their problems are blamed on the patient who is in pain and frustrated with poor quality care. Saddened, used to love Moore Ortho.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

This guy has to be the worst of the worst. I lived with so much pain and the only thing this guy did was take xrays, place in house orthotics in my shoes and advise me to see him weeks later. On my last visit he placed new orthotics and did not advise a check up later to see how things work. I was so confused. He pretty much put me out the door (?). I had to look for another doctor. He literally did nothing for me. This guy knows nothing. I was always told you can be a rich dumb doctor. He did nothing for me at all. I also agree that he dislikes being asked questions.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr. Smith is a very competent young surgeon. However, he does not like patients asking questions, and he "fires" patients for making minor decisions in their own best interest when he is not available for services. He expects absolutely blind trust and displays no flexibility or interest in working with patients who have pre-existing factors that negatively affect their recovery. His only interest appears to be excellent surgical results. No "bedside manner," comes off quite arrogant.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

Dr. W. Bret Smith's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2002)