Ratings for Dr. Russell Boyce

My husband was referred to Dr. Boyce twice. The first time, his office called 2 days before the appointment to remind him. I had just been placed in an ambulance when they called. They were sympathetic. However, when the dentist made the referral again, Dr. Boyce refused to see my husband because he had to cancel the previous appointment!!!! My husband was in no state of mind to think about rescheduling. It also does not matter that with me in the hospital he had no way of getting to the office because he is blind. I gave low ratings to everything because I am so shocked about this treatment. I have never had any interaction with the staff. I do feel that my husband actually dodged a bullet on this one. I can't imagine how we would have been treated if we had been given another appointment. Refusing a patient treatment because they canceled an appointment as their spouse was being rushed to the hospital seems totally unethical to me.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I am a current patient of Dr Boyce, and although I am an anxious client, I feel as calm as is possible when in his office. His staff are attentive and I feel they genuinely care. Procedures are explained, and help offered in dealing with one's insurance company. The office is clean, calm and comfortable. I have full confidence in continuing on my course of treatment with Dr Boyce.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Boyce's staff is excellent and caring. A great experience in dealing with his staff. Dr. Boyce is knowledgeable and professional but can be quite direct which can come across as pushy. I feel that he cares about his patients and their long-term care needs.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr Boyce and his staff have a great sense of humour and put you at ease quickly. Professional and current in their treatment protocol.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr and staff are friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Ive been there at the clinic once for a a procedure to be done on my front tooth, the staff treat all their patients with quality care and compassion. Dr. Russell Boyce's friendliness and humorous attitude creates a calm environment that anyone can feel relaxed in.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I was treated on an emergency basis needing an extraction and bone graft at age 64 with a history of many dental issues and having seen many dentists over the years. Dr. Boyce & his team treated me with compassion, respect and utmost professionalism. One of the office staff phoned to inform me of potential fees prior to my arrival and advised me not to drive. This was appreciated and much better than being given this information after arrival. Dr. Boyce is thorough and also a good listener with a nice balance of friendliness and humour. I would not be able to find a negative thing to say about either Dr. Boyce or his team as they were all amazing.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I felt manipulated into treatment. When asking about my options Dr (?) Boyce turned from nice to condescending and patronizing. He pressured me into treatment and it felt very self-serving and quite frankly a money-grab. I was not impressed. I have a pretty good instinct when it comes to people and I did not like him nor trust his judgement. Will not go back nor recommend him. Will also let my dentist ( who did not think I needed periodontal care- but went by my own choosing) know about this "experience".

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

As someone with a poor history of hip replacements, I have had Dr. Boyce do 5 or 6 dental implants, and all done professionally and if there were any post op-op problems, he saw me immediately. He runs a busy practice, so the patient that didn't like his bedside manner must have thought he was a bartender and not a Peridontist. I trust his judgement and would recommend him to any friend seeking dental implants. I just wished he did artificial hips as well.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Unfortunately I was unable to afford treatment. To Dr Boyce that meant I had my priorties out of order and I was a "Complete waste of his time". The staff was lovely however I'm not certain why? The verbal abuse I overhead from the Dr's mouth towards his staff was unforgivable. Knowledgable or not someone like that is not someone I would ever feel safe in their care.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010