Ratings for Dr. Linda Trigg

First, my experience with Dr Trigg was IDENTICAL to the person who posted on June 27, 2014. Second, during the last week of April 2014, there was a conference held in Winnipeg for psychologists conducting custody access assessments. Essentially, a psychologist conducting a custody access assessment had to make a case of parental alienation on the part of the mother (at whatever cost) to protect themself from being sued by the father. In my case, when I actually presented Dr Trigg with undeniable physical evidence that the father was lying about an incident (in his attempt to build a fabricated parental alienation case against me) Dr Trigg refused to even look at the evidence in my hands. Dr Trigg defended the father by saying to me, "at what point will you stop proving him (the father) wrong? When is it ever going to be enough for you?". At that moment, I instantly knew something was going on. I was taken aback that a psychologist could even ask such questions to a loving mother clearly determined to save her children. Once I found out about the April 2014 conference, I knew that the custody access assessment was never going to be favourable to me, no matter the truth. There was no way that I was going to let Dr Trigg ruin my childrens' life. Armed with inside info about the conference, I managed to halt the custody access assessment. SO MUCH money wasted but I managed to win sole custody and my children are happy and thriving. This would never have been possible if Dr Trigg had continued to be involved in our case. After the conference 2014, Dr Trigg stopped taking on new custody access assessments. Very sad to hear of cases post 2014 with negative outcomes for the children.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

I had to see her via through the courts... Paid by the ex... Let's just say that I lost custody... By the time summer hit my daughter was apprehended while in her fathers care... It's been 8 years of BS since this "professional" made recommendations for the dad to have care and control... Now I find out my daughter has been stealing and doing pot from her dad for 2 years now... And she recommended he would be the better/suitable parent... She did love that $10k bill that was paid to her though... I guess that's all my daughter was/is worth to her

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I do not recommend undergoing any type of clinical therapy or parenting assessment with this woman. She had an accident and subsequent head injury which seems to have left her cognitively impaired. She was undertaking a parenting assessment and couldn't remember simple facts, appointments, email addresses, phone numbers. She seemed to confuse us with other clients. She lost documentation, didn't remember what she read, had us all fill out forms from the 70s and barely knew how to use a computer. It's pretty clear why this woman was run out of CFS, because she lacks clinical competency - and that was before the head injury. She even had to call to get the email address to send the bill. Run, fast, run. And btw - all the lawyers and shrinks are in cahoots in this town - because if you have money, they want to go to trial. This system is so rife with sociopaths that they don't even care about the children. They just hide behind the notion that it's all for the sake of the child.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

i was looking for CBT and someone who would not just want to lend an ear and hear my sad story. i wanted results, someone who would point directly to my faulty thinking and challenge me to keep going/changing. Dr Trigg has been very helpful - i have realizations and truths now that i could not/did not find on my own over a thirty year period since the trauma.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

Linda Trigg is not very self-aware and made inappropriate requests for information rgarding other clients.I strongly question her professional ethics and boundaries .I wound not recommend her to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Very very poor grasp of the real issues. Focused entirely on the obvious and could not see past them. Very poor manner about her; almost cold and uninterested. As many have stated she does seem overly focused on the money. I certainly would not feel comfortable recommending her.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. Trigg is the ultimate professional. She is sensitive to the issues, listens carefully, and supports you in taking actions that move you to health. My family and I worked with Dr. Trigg regarding complex family issues. She was able to help each of us see the perspectives of other family members, and take actions beneficial to all of us. I recommended Dr. Trigg to friends who had psychological issues. They were all impressed with Dr. Trigg's ability to help them address their issues. I highly recommend Dr. Trigg to others who need her expertise.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I saw Doctor Trigg for a period of nearly 5 years dealing with Chronic Depression. I found her very understanding and patient. She was very helpful to me and I would recommend her to others and have done so in the past. Recently I called her during an emotional crisis and she made time to see me right away. Eileen

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Trigg conducted a family assessment on my exhusband and I while going through a very messy divorce. She failed to recognize that my children were being abused by their step mom and were afraid to tell anyone!She deemed me as the jealous ex when in reality I was RIGHT all along.She missed all those indicators that children exhibit.It is only now after years of counselling through the school and a very caring principal have my children opened up and received help dealing with the situation.I would NOT recommend her at all!!! She does love the $$$$$$$$$ though.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013