Ratings for Dr. Jordan Chenkin

I was seen by Dr. Chenkin and his colleague Dr. Lucas the student doctor. Dr. Lucas saw me first and was very thorough, even doing an ultrasound on me and explaining what the heck those shapes were on the screen. Dr. Chenkin then came in with a summary of what happened and ultrasounded again. I feel like I was seen twice! Both were very pleasant and were confident in what they were doing, and it seems that the staff communication is solid.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

seems burnt out, but knowing the stress of being in an ER maybe that's why

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Saw him in ER. He spent a lot of time joking with nursing staff. This time could have been spent getting to patients in a more timely fashion. Probably explains why we wait so long if you have no choice but to go to ER. He didn't seem up on his knowledge of basics and asked questions that he could have had answered if he took the time to read the nursing notes. I don't know if the issue is that Sunnybrook as a hospital has deteriorated or if he is the outlier.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Felt very rushed. Condescending. Maybe he is burnt out but really should be doing something else.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Professional. Kind. Gentle. Fantastic doctor. Very informed. Very relaxed. Fantastic experience with him

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

I admitted my 81 yr. old mother with severe upper arm and chest pains. Dr. Jordan Chenkin (physician in ER) was the kindest, most pleasant, most thorough and compassionate doctor I have come across in dealing with an aging parent. His bed-side manner was outstanding. Thank you Dr. Chenkin. 10 out of 10!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

he was very helpful i had a broken finger and he halped alot

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

I was admitted at Sunnybrook emergency on 10th December 2011 for a kidney infection. Dr. Jordan Chenkin treated me with care. He helped me and I am pleased to have a doctor like him at Sunnybrook. Me and my son thank him so much for his great help. I am still alive because of him. God bless him.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

This doctor was arrogant, demeaning and had no basis for his further actions given that he did not spend more than 20 seconds with me. I would avoid him at all costs if he ever goes into private practice. In an ER setting, you get who you get.It is a sad statement of medical education and funding in this province.

Submitted August 5, 2011