Ratings for Dr. Michael Murray

The wait times for Dr Murray are too long, i am not expecting to get an appointment that day, however a month wait to get an appointment is way too long. His wait times in office are also ridiculous. His lack of punctuality to me shows a general lack of respect to his patients, I understand the occasional emergency and that would require a wait, however consistent 1,2 or 3 hours waits is way out of line. I had booked an apointment to see Dr Murray, it was a four week wait, only to arrive at the office to find out he was running late and I was asked to reschedule!?!?!? I don't question his knowledge , but seriously question his busines practices.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

As I sit at the office right now I can't help but be a little upset. Every single time I've came to see the doctor (4 times in 2 years) I wait at least 2 hours. Last time about 3 months ago I waited 3 hours. Today myself and rest of the waiting patients were told that he's working on paperwork, just to witness him coming into the office an hour later. Furthermore, once you're in his little room he literally spends 5 minutes at the most with me. Are we that desperate? Is Canada that short of doctors that we have to spend most of the day waiting just to get 5 mins with the doctor? This is becoming ridiculous! Now I understand why some people don't see the doctor at all. It feels like the doc is doing us a favour. Next time I'll be going to the clinic, at least I'll know that there will be waiting without the appointment. Why bother making the appointment if he doesn't stick to the schedule.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I can honestly say that I'm not use to this doctors sense of professionalism its like you have to tolerate his rudeness an he's well aware there are no other Drs that are available so i feel he take advantage of his patients in terms of his overall demeanor. Gotta say when he first took over an had to hang a sign stating himself or his staff will not tolerate anyone disrespectfulness you think he would question his behavior

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Murray has been a great doctor through the time he's had in his practice to myself and my family. Many doctors I've had in my life have a tendency to "sweeten" situations through colorful verbiage or through effectively dumbing down diagnosis in order to either soften the blow in serious issues or through a sort of condescension in assuming a patient can't understand what's happening. Dr. Murray has always seemed to avoid this trap, he explains exactly what the issue is and how treatment works thoroughly and analytically, not callously but with the sense of detachment that is necessary in order to convey exactly what's happening. It does take some time to get an appointment, but then that seems universally true across Ontario for all doctor. All in all, a professional, intelligent and knowledgeable doctor I would recommend to any friends or family.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Worst doctor I've ever had. He's never in the office, I almost died waiting for him and ended up in the emergency room instead. The office is only open 4 days a week yet the guy is still constantly not there. I mentioned a skin problem I was having and he completely ignored me, told me it was "nothing" and that nothing could be done. Got a second opinion down the street from Dr. Kahn, he immediately identified and treated it, where as Dr. Murray had me putting up with it for over a year because he's a terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

unprofessional, ignorant, unconcerned. I feel he does not care about his patients, he is very arrogant and rude. He is always late, and overbooked. You end up waiting hours to get it after your appointment time, I was a patient of his father in laws before he took over I am now searching for a new doctor as I have had it with his attitude. He is not helpful he has overlooked many issues I have had and have suffered in the long run because he did not take the time out to find the problem. He is very unknowledgeable and his staff are very stuck up as is he. I would not recommend his practice to anyone, honestly it is awful, just awful.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

Dr Murray actually commutes from Oakville and Dr DeAlwiss is his father in law!Dr Murray was prescribing me everything I was supposed to get and then one day he asked me to a drug test and there was nothing in my system that shouldn't be but he said "your on methadone!"He took me off of everything he had put me on right then and there even though it was in my file!!!I changed doctors!And the one girl in the office (not Val)is very rude!!!!With Dr DeAlwis you could get right in...usually the day you call!!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Best doctor ever had. For all my family. ery friendly and does a ftgreat job looking after you.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I don't know why we sometimes have to wait an hour or more when we make a specific appointment.Dr Murray walks away from us when he is still talking and we don't understand what he has said,then we have to ask the girls in the office what he said.I just wish he could spend a little more time with us and not overbook.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

I am fortunate to be one of the patients that actually like Dr. Murray. I am punctual, present myself to the receptionist and stay in the waiting room awaiting my turn. I keep my appointments and bring the necessary documentation when requested. I take my meds and give them a decent amount of time to work. I also dont try to make an appt. and expect to see my doctor that afternoon. I consider myself to be a good patient and my doctor treats me so. I am thrilled that I can get refills of meds without making an appt. And although the girls ask that we allow to days to have them faxed to the pharmacy, I have never had to wait that long- I will say that the wait has been lengthy at times but did you know this man commutes from Guelph?? And also teaches- Perhaps if we were a better patient our doctors could be better doctors.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012