Ratings for Dr. Gary M. Epstein

I have had two oral surgeries, both of which were performed by Dr. Epstein. His staff is wonderful and he is very knowledgeable, friendly and had me feeling at ease. I have recommended him to several friends and I would return to his offices in a heart beat if necessary.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

This oral surgeon has deceptive billing practices. THey told me it was going to be one cost, I gave them a large check b4 the procedure and my insurance also paid a large amount but then they said I owed more, which they did not tell me me before the procedure. WHen I tried to work out a payment plan, they instead took me to court. I looked them up on the maryland judiciary website and couldn't believe what I found. They had placed many BODY ATTACHments on people to obtain their judgements. These people had been taken into custody by the police for a dentist bill!! I believe their billing practices are very wrong. go to http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp and do your own search . They are under Oral Surgery Associates

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

Dental procedures make me very nervous, but Dr. Epstein made my wisdom tooth extraction an easy experience (both lower teeth were removed in one app't with local anesthetic only). He was very friendly and made sure that I was fully informed of the risks and benefits, as well as how to take care of myself following the procedure. The actual surgery took less than half an hour, but he made sure to ask me every few minutes if I was "hanging in there". It was virtually painless (he used a topical anesthetic before the injections so I hardly felt them) and my healing has been going well so far (I'm three days out and haven't taken anything but extra strength Tylenol). If I need any other oral surgery in the future, I will without a doubt return to Dr. Epstein.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010