Ratings for Dr. Dean Collett

Took my 5 mnth old baby in, he wouldn't nurse for days, was losing weight, dehydrated showing signs of a cold or acid reflux, which I stated. He walked in and rudely said "what's the problem?". Asked me what he weighed, I said "I'm not sure, WHY DON'T U WEIGH HIM?". When he came back in he asked where I wanted the prescription sent! I asked FOR WHAT? He said acid reflux. He didn't examine my baby, asked no questions about change in my diet, medications, milk supply, how many wet diapers/day, lethargy, blood in stool, sleep patterns, solid foods yet, coughing, throwing up, previous weight percentile..NOT ONE QUESTION. I said "so is that what it is?!" He said "well if it works then we'll know that's what the issue was." Trial and error prescriptions for a 5 month old baby! REALLY?! No advice re; getting my baby to nurse or ingest any nutrients, or what to do if that wasn't the issue. Just walked in and tried to write a prescription based on my guess.SHAMEFUL! GROSSLY LAZY AND NEGLEGENT

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I went to see Dr Collette with severe pain. He gave me a perscription for anti inflamatories with four refiles. I still have bad pain but now I have all these neet pills. Thanks alot Dr Collette.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

This doctor is very unorganized and frank. Having a condition i went to this doctor for a referral for another doctor. After 4 weeks my symptoms got worse. When i called the doctor to check on the status of the referral 4 weeks later, i was alarmed to find out that this referral was never issued. This doctor is very frank and un-informative. I had to ask questions regarding my condition, he offered no information. I was referred to this doctor because he was an ADD specialist, but he is more ADD than i am.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

For over 15 years, this wonderful physician has been a blessing to myself and many of my friends. He is honest, will research what is new and helpful, and, yes, you may have to wait to see him, since he puts his patients before time. He sees us as responsible people and not childish uneducated adults. He will never be replaced and his dedication will never be surpassed. If people do not want to share any responsibility for their health or hear the truth, be sure you do not visit him.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

This Dr. non-responsive with urgent matters, has placed me on meds that need to be monitored(Lithium) w/o monitoring, which caused huge, unpleasant side effects like swelling of body parts. His bed side manner is short, kurt and borders on rude. He would rather just write a prescription without ever looking into the issue. He has shrugged off urgent issues that require attention. i.e. severe diarhea for 2 months straight. Dr Collett has stood me up for appointments w/o a phone call, he is unorganized, uninformed and some of his staff have refused to pass messages along to him and are rude when dealing with me. He does not follow up with results even when I have gone in personally to get them. I have had poor doctors in the past but this one takes the cake. The College of Physicians is going to hear about the indifference and poor atittude of this one.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010