Ratings for Dr. Andrew Szilagyi

Very fine, knowledgeable and reachable doctor. He has played a large role in keeping my Mother stable and healthy. He even recognized me from high school days, which was another bonus!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

The best doctor ever! Save my life and my mom's life; can never thank him enough! And a great sense of humour to boot!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

He was my doctor and I find he was very knowledgeable in his field and compassionate as well with good sense of humour !

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I've had two colonoscopies with him over the years. I like him because I've never had a problem with his work, and, like me, he has a great sense of humour.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I saw him at the hospital while i was having a crohns flare up. I am on immuran and he misread my toxicology labs. He lowered my medication, which could have been very bad; however another doctor noticed his mistake after i questioned dr. Szilagyi's findings. i do not recommend this doctor, he was impatient and somewhat rude.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Did not verify that my mother had air escaping from her rectum following a colonoscopy . She was sent home with a perforated colon and passed away two days later following a heart attack .Do not go to this doctor .

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Szilagyi is an outstanding physician, he knows his patients, and will call immediately should the concern need his attention. He is extremely busy, and he's been my physician since 1994, I have nothing but praise and his professionalism is beyond reproach. Considering the amount of patients in the Gastro Dept is staggering, he is able to see patients and always has a smile and a positive outlook which helps. Understandingly, one has to appreciate how busy he is, that he can't spend a lot of time with each patient, but is brief and takes the time to explain the medical issues. His staff also responds to calls and let's him know of the patients that need attention and he calls back immediately.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Sweet old man, very funny. I have to agree with another post that says that he gets you out of the office very quickly. Unfortunately, I have to say that, over the years I had him, he (supposedly) couldn't find the ulcer I had and kept on prescribing me a medication that only helped my bowel movement(zelnorm)- I passed all the tests that is humanly possible to take and even though I know the technician that made me pass those exams found the ulcer, Dr Szilagyi never mentioned to me that I had an ulcer and just kept prescribing me zelnorm. It's another doctor (a general family doctor in another city), who made me pass some of the same exams, that told me I had an ulcer. She prescribed a medication and I was then cured!... A doctor can be as sweet as can be, if he doesnt do his job properly (and I suspect that Dr Szilagyi might refrain from telling his patients what they actually have and treat them properly in order for them to keep on coming back to him), then he's not a good doctor!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

He is a great doctor and funny too. His staff & secretary are always very helpful.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2010

This Doctor is caring and has a way of easing your mind while being thorough in his testing and examination.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010