You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Keelen Tymkiw

Very caring staff. Had previously been seen in another office which was not a good fit for numerous reasons. Dr. Tymkiw made me feel very comfortable and the results of the gum graft and dental implant he performed was outstanding. No discomfort and beautiful result, finally have my smile back the way it used to be. Follow up call the next day by Dr. Tymkiw was very appreciated. Great office that I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Had laser gum surgery which was unnecessary and gave me an infection. Couldn't eat for 2 weeks. The purpose of the gum surgery was not accomplished. Very disappointed. Doctor could have taken extra measures to see if the surgery would have even helped. More of a business man than a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I went to see Dr Tymkiw for gum issues like so many of us. After what seemed like a very expensive quote and invasive procedure quote I went and got a second opionion. During the 2nd opinion I was told the root planing was poorly done and would need to be redone($800 at my expense) and the recommended surgery($3000) was not needed - I was told to buy a sonic toothbrush instead. I did email Dr Tymkiw but as suspected he or his staff never responded and I never went back

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I went to Sierra Dental in 2011 for a check up. I was referred to Dr Tymkiw because of my periodontal disease. I was convinced to have 2 gum grafts, an implant and a sleep guard. Dr Tymkiw also wanted to peel back the gums of my molars and clean plaque build up from those molars. I was given the option of using my own tissue or use donor tissue for the gum graft. I chose donor tissue. When it was time for my implant, Dr Tymkiw said I needed a sinus lift. I had to agree to this. When it was time to pay for the procedures I was shocked to disbelief. The extra cost for the donor tissue and the added cost for the sinus lift was over $1500. The sleep guard did not fit and I had to have another one made at my expense. >$250. I never returned to Dr Tymkiw for further treatment. I found an excellent Dentist in Dr Travis Polischuk. By the way, I never did need the molar peel back procedure, good dental hygine fixed this problem. Take lots of money with you if you choose Dr Tymkiw.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Dr. Keelen Tymkiw is the BEST. He was so gentle and caring as he performed my sinus lift surgery. He took utmost care in assuring that I was in not in pain. He explained in great detail the cost of the procedure,the healing time, what I could expect during and after surgery. I look forward to my next appointment with him for implant surgery. My first procedure went so well. I would recommend this Doctor to anyone. He is very knowledgeable, respectful, and helpful. He is truly a gifted Periodontist.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Tymkiw for a gum grating procedure. The doctor and his staff were very professional and went above and beyond to explain the procedure and make the surgery a very comfortable experience with minimal discomfort and the results look fantastic. I would recommend this Periodontist to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Dr. Tymkiw is a very kind, skilled and knowledgable Periodontist. My dental implants turned out beutifully despite a very difficult surgery due to a past motor vehicle accident. He always made my comfort his primary goal and it turned out to be a great experience. I would highly recomend this young doctor to anyone needing Peridontal surgery!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Initial assessment for an implant, splint and 2 gum grafts came to an estimated $5400. When I had the actual work done, Dr Tymkiw said that I needed some extra bone packing to the implant site. He did not tell me the extra cost at the time. I had the work completed and then paid for my treatment. My cost went from $5400 to $7200. I feel that Dr Tymkiw should have seen this extra cost on the initial visit. This should have been noticed on the inital xrays and when he assessed my maxillary bone struture. There was no appology or admission of error on his part. As well, Dr Tymkiw does not include the cost of follow up visits or adjustments to dental appliances in his estimates. Beware! Take your credit card with you for every visit.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr. Keelen Tymkiw's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very caring staff. Had previously been seen in another office which was not a good fit for numerous reasons. Dr. Tymkiw made me feel very comfortable and the ..."

May 25, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Had laser gum surgery which was unnecessary and gave me an infection. Couldn't eat for 2 weeks. The purpose of the gum surgery was not accomplished. Very disapp..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr Tymkiw for gum issues like so many of us. After what seemed like a very expensive quote and invasive procedure quote I went and got a second op..."

September 24, 2014