Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Danny Gagnon

Danny simply changed my life. I feel forever in his debt because his techniques freed me from my anxiety, something I had struggled with for years. Danny is kind and incredibly smart. You never feel like he's judging you and it feels like talking to an old friend, he's so understanding. I would recommend him to anybody because 8 weeks under his care changed everything for me, and I know that if I need to get in contact with him I can do that. I'm so thankful for all the help he gave me, even though he insisted I did the work, I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without him.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

Dr. Danny is a brilliant and kind man. I have seen about 12 therapists in my life, and he was the best for me. I didn't feel pressured in any way, it was a series of calm and insightful conversations. I left every session with Dr. Gagnon feeling lifted and equipped with tools to succeed. I do genuinely think he's the most intelligent Pychologist I've ever seen, and am very thankful for his help.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

I was able to access Dr Gagnon's work on the internet. Progress to health is a non profit making organisation here in New Zealand, serving the mentally ill and disabled in the community. We are presently developing a number of Recovery Modules, one of which is entitled, Ánxiety'. The module is managed basically in groups with a facilitator taking the lead. At the end of this module we have inserted Doctor Gagnon's piece on 'How to overcome anxiety'. This acts as a summary for the client to take away, encouraging them to read and to reflect. This has been a most successful addition, giving the client great insight into the condition with the promise of a hopeful outcome.. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Simply, Fantastic ! I was lost for a long time and I've been with the Doc for 3 years and today I can say he truly guided me out of a horrible place. I didn't realize how lost I was. It happened gradually losing bits and pieces of myself. I was lost for a long time. The Doc is kind, patient, and breaks down big concepts so I could understand them and use them to fight back and take control of my thoughts and my life. A million thank you's is not enough but he is just happy to see me in control and moving forward. Thanks again Doc !

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

J'ai suivi une thérapie avec Danny il y a quelques années et je dois dire que les effets de celle-ci se bonifie encore aujourdhui, jours après jours. C'est un traitement très efficace pour traiter l'anxiété qui a changé positivement la qualité de mon quotidien, dans la vie privée et professionnelle. Merci Danny!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Extremely helpful and understanding. Does not give the cookie cutter responses/advice that you would come to expect if you've been in treatment for a while. He takes the time to provide personalized advice and help and genuinely cares about your well being. I never felt like a patient; more like I was talking to a friend who truly cared. I've gotten further with Dr. Gagnon than I ever have with anyone else. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Le Dr Gagnon semble être un psychologue efficace et généreux dans sa thérapie dans le sens où certains outils pour mieux gérer ses troubles mentaux (comme la phobie sociale) sont clairement expliqués et détaillés sur son site Internet accesible à tous. Cela permet de revoir les méthodes entre les consultations et reposer les bonnes questions. Savoir s'approprier la thérapie est une des clés du succès à mon sens. Un atout pour retrouver enfin sa liberté. Merci beaucoup!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I saw Dr Danny Gagnon because I needed a results oriented psychologist who also understood how the mind trips us up from attaining what we want. He was excellent and friendly, never being negatively judgemental. We spoke about issues affecting me but always went back to ways to attain positive results by overcoming challenges in my life, particular with stress/anxiety. Through stepping up into increasingly difficult situations he showed me how to train myself to overcome these challenges. Thank you Danny and I wish you all the best!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. Danny Gagnon's response
Thank you for your awesome feedback. I'm happy I was able to help you with your stress management and anxiety treatment. I am a results-oriented psychologist because I have people track their progress with questionnaires, which is an important measure of therapeutic success that not many psychologists use. In fact, previous clients have said that this has made their progress more meaningful. I always strive to be non-judgemental and feel I do a good job at it as other reviews have mentioned. In fact, once I understand the person's history, it usually makes sense why they are acting like they are i.e. it helped them cope in the past. The goal is to use principles and strategies from the science of change, like CBT and ACT, to change any negative thinking patterns and behaviours in order to live a happy and meaningful life. I wish you the best as well!

Submitted March 8, 2017

Great toolkits I plan to share them with my community as they are many people in need for support! Thanks Danny!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr. Danny Gagnon's response
Thanks for the great feedback. These toolkits took me a great deal of time to write, so feel free to share these resources with anyone you want.

Submitted March 8, 2017

Extraordinarily receptive to helping people find resources they need. His response to my question came within a day and as we all know when it comes to mental health sooner is always better than later. Not only that but he also said if his recommendation didn't work out for me he'd be more then willing to help me find backup resources. 10/10 this man knows patients' needs and the city of montreal

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Dr. Danny Gagnon's response
Thank you for the comment. I try to keep informed about all the psychology services in the Montreal area as much as possible. If I cannot be of help for any reason, I always try to suggest alternative psychotherapy services, whether it be another psychologist in private practice, another CBT clinic, CLSC or hospital. I always try to help as can be seen by the number of free resources I offer on my website (i.e. Toolkits, Blog, Self-Assessment and various Guides). I hope my recommendation worked out for you.

Dr. Danny Gagnon's Credentials