Ratings for Dr. Sherwood Appleton

Three words to describe this amazing doctor: SIMPLY THE BEST. Thanks to Dr. Appleton and his care and concern, I was able to get the proper medical assistance. His guidance and support were there for the taking; he consitently went over and above the call of duty when it came to a patient's well-being. The news of Dr. Appleton's passing is extremely sad. The medical profession has lost one of its finest. I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincerest, heartfelt condolences to Dr. Appleton's family members for their tremendous loss. He was so very proud of his sons and spoke highly of his family. It seems just like yesterday when we chatted about Daryl's wedding and the subsequent birth of his precious daughter.....Thanks for everything, dear Dr. Appleton, you truly made a difference in my life and I will always remember your kind heart. Rest in peace -- you will be missed. M.C

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

Dr. Sherwood Appleton passed away on June 21, 2009 after a lengthy battle with cancer. To those for whom he did not show up to their appointments, this was the reason. As much as he was becoming too ill to work, he was too dedicated to stop seeing patients. He will be greatly missed -- may he rest in peace.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

Yes you have to wait a long time expect him to be running behind. However hes worth it, he will go the distance for you. if he feels you have issues out of his proffesion he will send you to the proper person and manage your case and explain anything youd like him too. he does care about you..His office staff well there idiots. If your travelling from up north make sure you call the day beafor to make sure he will be there and stress your driving over 6 hours to see him and cant afford to have him not show up when your using travel grants.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Appleton is by far the most caring and compassionate doctor I have dealt with to date. Although I haven't been to see him in a few years, I do have first hand knowledge as to his ultimate professionalism and superb medical knowledge. He genuinely cares about his patients and takes a vested interest in their various health issues - ie. sleep disorders. Dr. Appleton's gentle mannerisms and excellent communication skills make make it easier for a patient to feel at ease. I cannot say enough about this fine gentleman and outstanding professional. They just don't come any better.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

I too can understand the frustration of having to wait for a long time to see a doctor, especially when very tired as one is when suffering from sleep issues. However, despite the long wait Dr. Appleton is a superb doctor. He is caring, very knowledgeable, and most importantly, has helped me with a very difficult sleep problem which other specialists haven't been able to do. Moreover, Dr. Appleton is so utterly dedicated that he works through chemo, and he doesn't quit until the last patient is seen. It is worthwhile developing enough patience to wait for him, late as he might be. He is only late because he spends so much time with each patient. How many doctors are that dedicated?

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

I certainly understand the previous 2 ratings. I wait a long time for him but he's worth the wait. He spends a lot of time hearing out your problems. While other doctors spend 6-10 minutes per patient, he spends about 30-40, sometimes longer. He's very caring. Not to mention rare kind of doctor. He's a neuropsych with a background in sleep medicine. I have pain affecting my sleep. (No other sleep doctor was able to help me. All other sleep doctors just care about snoring and sleep apnea. If you have neither, they can't help you.)Dr. Appleton changed my life. He's also very dedicated. He still saw me even when I learned he had cancer. I heard from one of the staff that he was literally getting chemo while seeing patients. Thank God, he's getting better. So talk about dedication, any other doctor would abandon his patients but not Dr. Appleton.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

I too came to an apptmnt and no one showed up. Came early, and stayed later 1.5 hrs. Secretary showed up (to finish her work) and said that she 'left message'...but nothing on answering machine nor call display. --get rid of your tupee/rugrat.--pretty useless too.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2007

went for sleep study, then had to see dr appleton for follow up, i made an appt, 1st appt of the day, he never showed up, scheduled again, he never showed up, 3rd time, never showed up, The receptionist begged me to come back when she called on my cellphone but by then i was already on a bus going home, what a waste of my time and unprofessional, if he can't tell time i sure as hell don't want him treating me, I was always in the waiting room for 2 hours and he didn't even have the decency to show up, not just late but NEVER EVEN SHOWED UP!!!!!! jesus christ

flag | Submitted September 2, 2007