Ratings for Dr. Navaaz Saloojee

There are so many good reviews about this Doctor but my experience with him leaves a lot to be desired. I went to see him with MAJOR GI problems. Severe Constipation or Diarrhea, enormous stomach pains coming from all over, when I pooped or passed gas I would be left with a piece of Colon hanging outside of me, constant burping regurgitation to the point where I would go into heavy dry heaving fits after eating or start projectile vomiting, a lot of food was going through me undigested, etc His first suggestion was to take 2mg Prucalopride every day as well as Senna and Restoralax twice a day. I stressed that I am pooping out a big piece of my Colon every time and had to constantly push it back up inside of me.... he just stared at me. I told him I have to manually pump my stomach when I'm having a Bowel Movement - he just stared at me. I know these things are not normal. Why are you not doing any Testing on me to figure out what is wrong? Well, what would you like me to do? I said I want to see why I am having so much trouble pooping. Can you not order a Test that will show what happens when I try to Poop and how things move through me? Sure, a Proctograph and the Colonic Transit Study. He explained what both of them were then I asked him to order them. He said OK but I want to see what 2mg of Prucalopride does for you first. So take 2mg during the Tests and keep it up till I see you again. I do the Tests - Proctograph shows External Rectal Prolapse. A week later he calls back and tells me about the Rectal Prolapse and then tells me that he is referring me to a ColoRectal Specialist and he would see me again in six months. I told him about the unpleasant things that Prucalopride was doing to me. He said that is a matter tier the ColoRectal Specialist and to wait six months till I see them. In the meantime keep taking the Prucalopride. A lot of people have a bad first month on it. Six months later things are much worse. ColoRectal Specialist refers me to a Physiotherapist to see if Rectal Prolapse Surgery would even work for me. Due to what the Prucalopride has done to me I have such extreme IBS that at the end of the first month my Physiotherapist wants me to stop because it's not helping. Go back to ColoRectal Surgeon. She says that Prolapse Surgery won't work for you right now. I think you should stop taking the Prucalopride? How long were you taking it? Were you taking it during the Sitz Marker Study? You were? Ok, you weren't supposed to. Who told you to tajes that? Dr Saloojee did? He's usually spot on with most of this so that surprises me. You're going to need to take the Test again. I go back to Dr Saloojee because my burping, Reflux, regurgitation, dry heaving and puking has got MUCH worse. He puts he on 60mg of Rabeprazole and sends me for a Barium Swallow. The Barium Swallow shows a Hiatus Hernia and severe GERD. After the Barium Swallow they gave me some sort of stupid strong Laxative. This not only got me to empty out ALL of the Barium the next day but destroyed my Stomach. A week later it's still like I've got a crazy Flu. Puking and Diarthea like crazy whenever I tried to eat anything. I call Dr Saloojee back and he said that it is because of how inflamed everything is. That it should die down and to keep taking the Rabeprazole at 60mg. This is still the same two weeks later when I have another Appointment with my ColoRectal Surgeon. I told het what's been going on. She said that I should talk to my GI about it. I told her I already have and that he has been less than helpful. She asked if he at least ordered the Full Follow Through for the Small Bowel as part of the Barium Swallow? No??? Well he didnt Order that Test right either. That I'm going to have to do it again. He should have known better that if he's sent somebody to a ColoRectal Surgeon and then sends them for a Barium Swallow that he needs to do the whole thing. However, right now you are too sick to be doing Testing. I'm going to have to put this all on hold till things improve so I can Test you. I call up Dr Saloojee.... he decided that the Rabelrazole wasn't strong enough so put me on Nexium 60mg for a week. Things decline more than 50%. I call him back and he changes Meds to Prevacid 60mg. I take that for a week and things keep declining. I'm having between 12-20 loose bowel Movements a day and pooping the fed at night. I call him back and this time he says that I have extreme IBS. That there is nothing that he can do. Tells me to pick up some Imodium OTC (which isn't helping at all) and to get some Buscopan OTC. I get somebody to go to the Drug Store for me. They got the Imodium. Then they are told that Buscopan is available OTC but almost nobody carries it. They have it by Prescription and there are other Antispasmodics as well.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

A wonderful doctor - kind, patient,knowledgable, funny and cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I had to see him two weeks ago and he explain and talk with me over a half hour! He gaves me "hope" where others told me that there's noting to do about my stomach problem! He's very professional...

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Ihave had Dr. Saloojee for about the same time as he has been practicing. He is amazing so kind and very calm and patient Dr. I would recomend him highly . Never rushes you and always there if you have any questions or concerns.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. Saloojee performed an upper and lower scope for me today at the Ottawa General and it went very well. I really appreciated his kind and gentle manner and obvious expertise. The care I received from this most excellent doctor and nurses (Sylvie!) was top notch! Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr Saloojee has been my gastro for over ten years and I can't recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

A great compassionate doctor who gives excellent advice and always takes the time to listen and answers any questions you have. I am very happy Dr. Saloojee is my physician.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr Saloojee is just wonderful! He has great empathy which makes me feel very secure and positive about him. I'm so very pleased that he is my doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I feel very lucky to have been referred to Dr. Saloojee. He is kind, considerate and listens when you speak.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr. Saloojee is one best Colits specialist in Ottawa.He is very friendly toward his clients and is huge Harbs fan.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014